Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

We finally had a pleasant end to the week on Friday. I decided not to whimp out, and did make an attempt at playing golf. At least the weather was nice as my friends and I made it through 18 holes. I did skip the 19th holes festivities; took a quick one hour nap, and then Linda and I headed off to purchase fall decorations for the front of the house. The corn stalks, mums, and a pumpkin have helped to make the front of our house fall like. It is now my job to keep the mums alive.

After the decorating was over, we headed off to the Shamrock for some food, fun, and merriment, and Keno, with two Irish Sister City / Polish Falcon Hall friends. Three hours later, we called it an evening. Linda and her girlfriends started booking in things like a game night, Patriot's Party at our house, etc. These booked events will take place in November.

The saga of the riding lawnmower is over. The service manager called to ask what we wanted to do with the machine that is too costly to fix. I asked him what he charges to dispose of the machine. He said he has a guy who comes once a week to pick up scrap metal, and that he will haul the machine away for free. This was certainly a good bit of news.

It is a balmy 45 degrees out right now, and temperatures will reach into the mid 70's before this day is over. We do happen to have a free day for a change, and I think that Linda and I are going to enjoy it. I might move some deck furniture to the storage shed since there is no riding lawnmower in there which normally takes up a great deal of space.
I also want to give both of our vehicles a good vacuum, and wash.

Before doing any of those outside activities, I will be heading off to Retro Fitness which I did not go to on Friday. Oh Darn! The gym opens at 6 AM on the weekend instead of the week day time of 4:30 AM.

Sports -- I have little interest in the Baseball playoffs, and eventually the World Series. I am not alone in my feeling which doesn't bode well for the big time advertisers. The ratings will not be good this year because a Boston or a New York team will not be in the World Series.

Politics -- I see where the Vice-President says that the Republicans are strong enough to beat the Obama and Biden ticket.
I did also read where one of the Republican Candidates said that Mitt Romney's Mormon Religion is a cult.
Even in Massachusetts a little mudslinging has taken place. Scott Brown, a Republican who took over Ted Kennedy's formerly Democratic seat, got into a war of words by a Democratic female vying to unseat Scott Brown. The woman made a comment about Scott Brown posing nude for one of those magazines when he was in college. Well Scott Brown fired back and said that he would not have enjoyed looking at her naked body in any magazine.
Comments like these a few years ago got a Democratic candidate in trouble, and Jane Swift won that battle, and she eventually became the Republican Governor of Massachusetts. The Democratic candidate said that her qualifications for political office weren't good enough to get her elected. During the war of words, the male Democratic said that she was nothing more than a "store clerk" because of her experience working at a J.C. Penny like store. Well, every woman whether they were a Democrat or Republican in Massachusetts voted for the Republican Candidate Jane Swift.

This is why Linda has advised me to not be on Facebook. Every day I look at what people say on Linda's Facebook, and I would love to zing a few people. My daily blog is enough to get me in trouble.

Like I said yesterday, our son is back home from Afghanistan, and enjoying his family. They have planned family trip to Disney World. Linda and I will be at there home for a visit shortly after they come back from their vacation.

Our restaurateur son and his wife are doing well in North Tewksbury. We will be at their home in a little over a week.

Well, I have to put on some gym clothes and head out the door while Linda is still sleeping.
Have a great Columbus Day weekend. Our weekend has been off to a great start so far.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: