Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

For the most part, our Saturday went as planned. I left the house a little after 6 AM, and went directly to The Retro Fitness gym. The place was supposed to open at 6 AM. Not! The lady who opened Retro didn't arrive until after 7 AM. Two of us sat in the parking lot until she arrived. Many more people arrived, waited a little while, and headed back home when doors were closed. I didn't make any negative comments when the lady opened the door, but I was surely thinking of some not so nice things to say.

After the workout, I headed to Berkshire Medical Center to visit my dad who has pneumonia in both lungs. They are going to keep him there for a couple of days as they get the pneumonia under control. Besides the pneumonia, he had fallen a couple of days ago, and whacked his head on a night stand, and he never woke up until 10 AM the next morning. The doctors want to see why he is prone to falling too. I wish that he would just sell the family home in Lee, and move into an assisted living place. He needs supervision. My sister and I would be very happy if we knew that there was a medical staff to take care of him, provide three square meals per day, and to make sure that he takes all of his medicine, etc. Oh Darn!

Linda did a little recreational shopping by her self yesterday. She hit a few of her favorite stores as I was taking a nap. For supper, we used a coupon, and went off for dinner at the Rainbow Restaurant. The price fix meal which includes a salad, main dish, and dessert and coffee was wonderful. I am not saying that it was a healthy meal, but the Prime Rib was cooked to perfection. We couldn't remember the last time that we had a Prime Rib dinner.

I am going to give it another try today at Retro Fitness which is supposed to open at 6 AM. After coming home and taking a shower, I will visit dad after his breakfast is served around 8 AM, and then I will head off to the ITAM to help with the Taste of Italy food preparation. I am planning on being at the ITAM at 9:30 AM. The dinner on the ticket says that dinner will be served at 6 PM. I do have a table reserved. As of yesterday, there are 8 (Culver's, Curley's, Casey's, Pat B. and Jeff A.) for sure. A friend sent an e-mail yesterday, and if she gets a ticket, we will squeeze her in.
Linda is going to drive her own car because I might be tied up in the kitchen after the event is over. I really hope not!

I had to record "In the Kitchen with David" on the QVC Channel which goes from noon until 3 PM as well as the New England Patriot game which starts at
4:15 PM at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

I am guessing that I will be one tired buckaroo when this day is over especially since I won't be able to take an afternoon nap.

Has anyone noticed that the price of gasoline has decreased at the pumps? Do things like this seem to happen near election time?

My radio talk show host friend keeps on sending me stuff about the turmoil taking place in Mexico. The Mexican Navy found 32 bodies from some the multiple conflicts taking place in Mexico between the Mexican government, and the drug cartels. No one wants to be a politician in that country and fight the drug cartels because the drug dealers will kill the politician and their families. The news media in the United States doesn't seem to want to inform of us the out of control state of affairs taking place in Mexico. The conflict is also exacerbated because of the great American decision to sell guns to the bad guy with the hopes that the guns can be traced to who eventually ends up with the guns. Many the deaths in Mexico come from the same guns which were used in this experiment.
Could it be time for the United States to either help the Mexican government, or just vote Mexico as our 51st State?
Maybe if the Americans stopped using so many illegal drugs, the drug cartels would lose some of their power. What if the United States, lets us have those Victory gardens like they did in World War II, and let people grow their own Marijuana? It would be like my friends whom make home made wine each fall!

Well, I have to put on my gym clothes, and head off to Retro Fitness. Those doors better be open at 6 AM this morning.

Have a great Sunday!
The weather is supposed to be picture perfect for us in the Berkshires.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: