Friday, October 3, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

I basically answered a "Yes or No" question the incorrect way, and that is why I will be playing golf this morning instead of spending another day at the Pittsfield Superior Court House.
My stupidity is not a bad as bad as you might think it is. This trial could be heading into next week. I could visualize me getting stuck in the trial as our first grandchild gets christened in Minnesota over the Columbus Day weekend.
As you know, I would love to give you more details of exactly what happened, but I will have to wait until the trial is over.
My fellow jurors will miss me with my endless stories during our breaks in the jury room, but I could write a short story about each one of these people too.

On a different note, I haven't swung a golf club in about two weeks. I think that the temperatures will be in the mid forties with a 15 to 20 mile per hour wind as we tee off at 8:30 AM. These are the exact conditions which have me thinking about putting away the golf clubs. When a golfer has to think about how he or she is going to stay warm while while traipsing around the golf course, then the person should be thinking about changing sports.
These conditions would be great football weather, or maybe hunting (except for the wind), but golf should be played wearing a short sleeve shirt, and a pair of golfing shorts, and with temperatures in the mid 70's, and me getting a better sun tan.

Well, the Red Sox reject, Manny Ramierz, continues his career in Mannywood. He is the new hero of the Dodgers, and he has helped this team make it to the playoffs as well as win the first two playoff games.
Joe Torre, a reject from the Yankees, brought these Dodgers to the playoffs in his first attempt as a manager for this team. The New York Yankees are watching the playoffs instead of being in them. What a twist of fate!

My Red Sox will be playing their second playoff game this evening against the Angels at 9:30 PM. I am taking an afternoon nap so that I can watch the game instead of sleeping through it like I did the other night.
My Patriots have an a game in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon so you know what I will be doing.

Have to go and select golfing clothes which might include a turtle neck, wool sweaters, and a pair of winter gloves.
It almost sounds like I am getting ready for ice-fishing instead of golf. Yes, I know some of my golfing buddies think that I have turned into a real wimp. At least my newest set of golfing buddies have my mindset.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: