Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned.
I left the house around 7 AM with snow falling. The lawn, and trees had a
coating of snow. As I reached the higher elevations, the snow was a little
deeper. About 20 miles into my 117 mile trip, there were no signs of snow.
The meeting was a typical meeting. The highlight of the program was a person
called Rebecca Rule, who is a story teller, and author. She had us laughing for
45 straight minutes.

Linda did have many hours of peace and quiet. She even fired up the crock pot
for a third straight day. Wednesday, it was a lentil soup. It was so yummy!

I am leaving the house today around 8:30 AM to do some errands, and visit my
parents in Lee. I have to finish a project which I started the other day.

Linda is off to a comedy show this evening with a friend. The show features
three female comedians, one of whom I had seen before on Public Television.

Well, I hope that the baseball team whom you were rooting for won the World
Series. Us people in the Northeast lost the excitement to even watch the series
when the Red Sox got knocked out.

The weather man said that we are in a warm up for the next week or so. I hope
that it continues into next Sunday (November 9, 2008) which is a home game for
the Patriots.
Speaking of the Patriots, they are playing this Sunday at 8:15 PM against their
arch enemies, the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts are favored even though they
have a losing record especially since they are playing the game at home in
their dome.

Don't forget to turn the clocks back this weekend. Linda loves getting an
extra hour of sleep. This is not good for me because this means I will get up
even earlier.

Politics -- I thought that Obama came across very well during his 30 minute
political campaign ad last evening. Of course, I would feel that way since I am
a diehard Democrat. If you watched it, and you were undecided, he could have
changed your mind to vote for him.

Well, I have to start my quiet morning activities.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: