Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Us Patriot fans had something to cheer about on Sunday. The weather was
wonderful. It was short sleeves and sunglasses day at the Stadium. I figure
that this was the last day of getting a suntan at the Stadium for the rest of
the season.

Everything went exactly as planned for me on Sunday. I fired up the grill as
soon as we parked the car at 9 AM at Gillette Stadium. I put the bacon on the
grill first. When that was done, I grill the English muffins & bagels as I
prepared the fried eggs. I topped the eggs with slices of processed cheese.
Every person had two of the McCurley bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. The last
two eggs, of the dozen which I took, were consumed by one of the five
individuals without any of the bread products. He finished off the bacon too.
I know that some of you might not like the thought of processed cheese on the
McCurley muffin, but my friends said that they really don't care for fancy
cheeses on a breakfast sandwich.

Two other friends arrived around 11AM for round two of food. This time it was
those hot and sweat sausages on rolls topped off with my onions and peppers. We
were obviously stuffed by the time which we entered the stadium (12:30 PM).

Linda didn't have a fun time yesterday. She was tied up at the ITAM with an
officers meeting and a membership meeting from 1 PM until 5 PM. I would normally
have been with her. A dues increase was the big item for discussion, but most
people were in favor of the increase after our financial situation was explained
by the President of the Lodge. I felt so guilty that I was having fun as she was
suffering through the meetings. My guilt left me very quickly!


We stayed for the whole game. We had a lot to cheer about. As a matter of
fact, the Patriots are tied for first place in their division with the Bills as
the day of professional football ended.

Linda has a busier week than I do coming up. She has something going Monday
through Friday, and I am not involved with almost all of her activities.

I fired up the crock pot a few minutes ago. Again, we like to try any new
recipe before inviting friends over to join us. This recipe is supposed to
produce a rotissierre type of chicken in the crock pot. Here is what the recipe
says to do:
Put some small Pyrex dishes upside down in the bottom of the crock pot. Season
the whole chicken with the spices which you like, and put the chicken on top of
the Pyrex dishes. Cook it on low for 8 hours, and it will come out like a store
bought cooked chicken.
Notes-- Do not put any water in the crock pot.
The Pyrex dishes which we used are the ones that I use when I want
a handful of nuts, trail mix, etc.
You could skin the chicken before cooking, but I think that it
would be a mistake even though it might me healthier to do so.
I will let you know how the chicken comes out in the morning.

Well, I have to get my first cup of coffee. I slept for over 6 straight hours
last evening which is pretty much a record for me.

Have a great week at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: