Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

My deck has been winterized. The air conditioners (3 of them) have been put away. My snow blower is positioned in the storage shed so that I can get at it easily.
The Curley's are ready for "old man winter" to arrive.

Our flowers in the front and back of the house are still alive until we get our first frost.

While I was doing my multi-hour chores, Linda and a girlfriend went off to an exhibit which highlighted breast cancer survivors. Many of the woman featured are people whom we know. One of the ladies taught with Linda in the science department at Pittsfield High School.

I was dealing with a queasy stomach for most of the day which I usually never encounter. We had soup for supper instead of going out for pizza at the East Side Cafe. I actually went up to bed after supper to semi watch and eventually fall asleep watching football and baseball games. I guess that I should cut back on my partying activities.

I am off to my parent's home in Lee around 8 AM to take out two air conditioners, and visit with them. My 92 year old mother is often cold, and she rarely stayed in the living room where one of the air conditioners is located.

My day will be centered around watching the Red Sox and Patriots.
The Chicago Cubs were eliminated from the playoffs. Manny Ramierz and his Dodgers teammates put the final nail in the coffin. Can you imagine what the Chicago newspapers will look like this morning? There was talk about the Cubs winning the World Series since they played so well during the regular season. Like I said in a previous email, in a short series, any team can win.

Sarah Pallin's folksy approach to politics is starting to grate on our nerves. Linda was leaning toward the Republican ticket after the Convention, but now she is starting to return to her Democratic roots.

Have to go and make some coffee.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: