Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Friday went as planned.

I took care of the leaves in front of the house, and on the street next to our
property. The water can flow free down the street when the rains come in today.

Yes, we did make it to the grocery store which had the "Friday Only" specials.

We had lunch at my golf course since we had a few bucks left in our food
account, and the account expires on October 31, 2008. If you don't use it by
then, the cater gets to keep the remaining funds in each members' account.

We went to the 4 PM wake for a deceased ITAM member.

We went to a fund raiser for supper at 5:45 PM at the ITAM with another couple.

By 7:30 PM , we were in our sleep wear. I tried to be the good husband, and
watch some DVR recorded programs with Linda. I fell asleep and started snoring
so loudly that Linda told me to go to bed.

Is this what married couples do on a Friday night? There was a time when Friday
night was the start of several days of fun and merriment before going back to
work on a Monday. Now, I ( and sometimes Linda) don't seem to have the energy
or ability to stay awake.

I will need a nap for sure this afternoon, if I am going to stay awake at the
dinner party which we are attending this evening.

Well, I can't start my inside chores until Linda wakes up. They are of the
noisy variety.
Also, I have to cook up some onions and peppers for the tailgating at the
Patriot Game on Sunday. If I woke her up to the smell of onions and peppers
cooking on the stove, and permeating the whole house, it might put her over the
edge.

I drove her crazy a couple of times yesterday, and I don't think that she wants
a repeat of those episodes. As an example, when we decided to leave the house on
Friday, she tells me the exact order of the places of where we had to go. One of
the places is located a less than a mile from our house. I drove right by the
place, and had to do a u-turn. This sort of set the tone of what was to follow.

Well, I have to finish reading a book. I think that this is a quiet activity.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: