Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is another frosty morning in the Berkshires. From the low 20's to near 60
degrees is the forecast today.

Yesterday, I tried to take on the role as an electrician. Our lamp post needed
the electrical guts to be replaced. I decided that the homeowner can do it
instead of calling an electrician. Several hours later, and after tripping the
circuit breaker several times, I was successful. The parts cost under $10, but
the time which I spent to make things work correctly took about 4 hours. A color
blind person trying to match up wires may have had something to do with my time
spent.

Around 8 AM, I am going to start picking up leaves. My neighbor started doing
it yesterday when she came home from work. I started to feel guilty when I saw
her doing it. Since a sunny day is the forecast, it would be wise for me to
complete the task.

The food before the play at a downtown eatery was wonderful. The play, "To
Kill a Mockingbird", was okay. I thought that it was slow in the beginning. It
picked up after half time (I mean after intermission). It slowed toward the end.
The good thing was that we were home a little after 9:30 PM since the play
started at 7 PM.

Our grandchild started to crawl the other day. She was close to doing it
before we left Kansas.

Besides making a grocery run to a store which has some "Friday only" big time
sales, we are going to a wake at 4 PM. One of our Lodger members died. He was 82
years old, and he had Alzheimer Disease.

After the wake, we are going to the Lodge with another couple for a fund raiser
dinner. The profits will be going to help pay for the kids Christmas Party. The
Lodge ends up purchasing gifts for 90 + children, and grandchildren of our
members.

Saturday night, there is a big time College Football Game on television. Even
though we will be at a dinner party, we are going to some how weave in watching
the game. Luckily, the host of the party is a big time Penn State fan. Of course
, I have my relatives in Ohio who are big time Ohio State fans. I can't wait
until the contest begins.

Well, I have to grab that second cup of coffee.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: