Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned.
I left the house, and did my UNICO tasks around 9:30 AM.
Linda was doing stuff around the house while I was doing my thing.

I decided to head off to Lee, and visit with my parents.

My visit was with my mother only. My father went to visit a lady in the
hospital in Pittsfield. The senior citizen had fallen last week during one of
his morning social gatherings at McDonalds, etc. The 91 year old lady broke her
leg in four places from the fall. My father helped to get the woman's car back
to where she lives as the ambulance was taking her to the hospital. I must of
gotten some of those volunteering / helping needy people genes from my parents.

During the visit, I also freshened up some of the pictures of our grandchild,
and gave my parents a mini album of pictures from our latest trip to Minnesota
and Kansas.
If I didn't have Linda taking pictures, and spending hours at the photo
processing machine at Wal*Mart, we would probably have no photographs, albums,
etc. She takes some awesome pictures no matter where we are. It might be time to
invest in a better camera for her. Her camera is technologically old.

I had to go back to Pittsfield because I had a doctor's appointment. I have
been experiencing some back pain, but not the type which has a person bedridden.
The doctor checked me out and said that it was a strain. No lifting or golf
playing for a couple of weeks was what the doctor ordered.

I forgot that Linda was socially engaged last evening. She had her once a
month session of BONCO at a friend's house.

Tonight we are socially engaged. We are doing dinner and a play at the
Barrington Stage in downtown Pittsfield with another couple. We are going to see
a production of to "Kill a Mockingbird". Yes, I read the book, as well as did
many a term paper on the subject matter. I saw it on the movie screen. I will
give you a review on Friday morning.

Talk about socially engaged. We are also booked in for Friday night with an ITAM
Lodge function, a Saturday night dinner party, and the Patriot Game on Sunday.
Like I said in a previous e-mail, the busy and sometimes crazy Curley schedule
started as soon as we arrived back home from Kansas.

I tried to watch the World Series, but I lost interest, and started to fall
asleep.

I went to bed so early, and I am up so early that I will need an afternoon nap
to stay awake during the play.

The weather was a bit brisk yesterday as Linda and I were out and about. My
turtle neck, and a wool sweater kept warm and toasty.

Have to grab a second cup of coffee, and read a couple of chapters of a book
before the morning newspaper arrives.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: