Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Life without jury duty was rather nice on Friday. The court system can function very well without me.

Golf with my senior buddies went okay until we teed off on the 9th hole. Rain started to fall pretty steady as we exited the green on the ninth hole. We put our clubs in the car, and opened the members bar 30 minutes earlier than it was supposed to open.

After a couple hours of fun and merriment, I went home and took a nap.

I needed the nap because Linda and I went off to a 60th birthday party on Friday evening. The party was for one of my golfing buddies who rode with me during the nine holes of golf on Friday. It was supposed to be a surprise party, but you all know how difficult it is for me to keep a secret. The party really turned out to be a surprise. My friend thought that he was going to a fund raiser for the Catholic high school which he graduated from in Pittsfield. His children organized the party. A good time was had by all.

Yes, I did stay up for the Red Sox game. It was a nail biter to the very end (around 1:20 AM before it was over). The Red Sox already flew home after the game from Los Angeles. Fenway Park will be rocking on Sunday when the teams do battle once again. Beating a team on their home field, and going back to Boston with a 2 to 0 game lead is a wonderful thing.
I feel so bad for the fans of the Cubs and White Sox based in Chicago. Both teams are 0 and 2 in the playoffs. Some of their fans are going into clinical depression. They have already started to use the phrase: "Wait until next year" which was the battle cry of the Red Sox for so many years.

Our social calendar is leaning toward being free today. Every time I say that we are free, the telephone rings, and we are booked in for something.

I have so much to do outside today. I am planning to put away all the deck furniture. It sounds simple, but when you have a multi level deck, and a screened in room on the deck, it turns into a major project.

Have to go, and put on some work clothes, and get going with my chores.
Have a great weekend!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: