Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends & Golfing Buddies,

The trial has not come to an end. Us jurors are going back to Superior court for a fourth consecutive day this morning. Maybe today things will come to an end.

I have to confess (this is a Catholic religion thing) that I did not stay up and watch the Red Sox Game last evening. I came home so mentally exhausted, and nap starved a little after 4 PM on Wednesday, from the trial, that I couldn't make it past a couple innings of the Red Sox vs Angels opening playoff game which started a little after 10 PM. I think that I went to bed around 11:30 PM, put the radio on in sleep mode (which automatically goes off in 60 minutes). I was fast asleep in less than 5 minutes.
I have so much guilt because I watched pretty much every game throughout the 162 game season. As an example, I remember taking time out of a wedding, which took place on Cape Cod, and heading to the bar to watch a portion of one Red Sox game. They actually lost that game. How could I be so dedicated to a team, and not stay up and watch the first game of this playoff series?
I found out that the Red Sox won the game by a 4 to 1 score. Also, I do remember a fact that the broadcasters made during the pre game that : "24 out of 28 times, the team which wins the first game eventually ends up winning the series." Go Red Sox!

Linda had an extremely pleasant day at home alone yesterday. She left the house to go to the mail box, and that was it for her outdoor activities. She completed making another baby sweater. She made a wonderful crock pot supper for the two of us.
These past few days have been so wonderful for her. I keep on telling her to capture the moment because things will be changing when the trial is over. Franny will soon be back!

Well, I have to grab a cup of coffee.
I might have to iron a long sleeve shirt today for juror duty since some cool weather has rolled into the Berkshires.
You have to look good even if you don't play well which is sort of what I do for the game of golf.

Politics -- The presidential race has been put on the back burner since the stock market crash the other day. I get my news on Saturday Night Live. Tina Fey / AKA Governor Pallin has been so funny. Record it if you can't stay up that late which is what Linda does for me.
I believe the vice-presidential candidates do battle this evening. It should be very interesting. Can Mrs. Pallin go from being photogenic to politically astute?

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: