Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went exactly as planned.

Linda did get her day off to do what she wanted to do. She never even left the house on Thursday.

I on the other hand was moving around for a good portion of the day. I headed off to fill up my 5 pound tank that I use with my “Grill to Go” for tailgating and camping. I lost my concentration and drove right by the place which is just a little over a mile from our home. I had to circle around out of my way to return to the propane refilling place.

My next stop was to visit Mom in the nursing home. My mother, who is 93 years old, may have memory issues, but she never forgets who her son is. She told me once again to get a haircut after she did ask me if my curls were real. She was in good spirits except for the fact that she is confined to a nursing home.
Her good spirits were most likely brought on because I brought in some pictures of the grandchildren from Kansas. The last visit I brought in pictures of the North Tewksbury grandchild.

After an hour or so visit, I headed off to Guidos to pick up the forty pounds of Irish Bangers for the Sunday Ethnic Fair. I asked the Meat Manager if he had any extra Irish Bangers in the Freezer, and he said “No”. He said that I am the only one who orders the Irish Bangers which are made in Connecticut at Nodine’s Smoke House.
The weather is going to be super on Sunday with a zero percent chance of rain with temperatures in the 70’s. I have a feeling that we might run out of Bangers.
We do sell Irish Whiskey Cake and bottled water too.

I have decided to do my baking on Saturday. I am going to whip up two Irish Soda Breads for the Soda Bread Contest at the Irish American Club booth and the Irish Whiskey Cake, for the Pittsfield Irish Sister City Booth, in the morning since I am up so early.
I have the raisins soaking in the Whiskey right now. They will be very happy by Saturday morning.
The Irish Whiskey Cake has to sit overnight on Saturday in the refrigerator so that the flavors can blend. I will cut the cake on Sunday morning, and put them in containers, and then put them in a cooler.

Speaking of food, the Pasta Fund Raiser last night went very well. They planned for about 125 people, but we served closer to 175.
It was like old home week for me because the parents of the baseball players were students of mine who graduated in the early 1980’s. The Babe Ruth team plays Rhode Island in their first game after winning the Massachusetts State Championship. The game takes place on Saturday in Worcester, Massachusetts. The funds raised last night will be used to help pay for bus transportation to the game.

Speaking of baseball, my Red Sox won last night. I saw the grand slam by the Red Sox player.
This weekend the Sox do battle with the Yankees who are in first place. I am hoping that the Red Sox can stop that Yankee train from rolling along. The people in New York won’t see too many of the regular Red Sox players because they are on the disabled list.

Linda won’t have her relaxing morning while I am playing golf with the seniors today. I gave her a task to do which is really one that I am supposed to do. While at the pasta dinner last evening, I was informed that no one from the Italian American Club went to the Health Department and filled out an application. You have to put down on the form exactly what types of food and beverages which you are going to serve. I was asked by the person preparing if I could take care of it. There is a problem because the application is reviewed, which takes a few days, and they send a permit in the mail to the applicant. Well, today is Friday. The Ethnic Fair is Sunday. I asked Linda to ask the Health Department if they could process the application today! I don’t know if this is possible, but maybe Linda can pull it off!

Golf Tournament – We picked up two more sponsors on Thursday. Even though a non strict deadline for doing so has passed, how could we say “No” to big donors?

Observation – I have been having some weird dreams lately, and they haven’t been alcohol induced. In one dream, I was in a non motorized boat with a guy in alligator infested waters hoping that the alligators wouldn’t crash into the boat and knock us over into the water.
Another dream had me marking a spot on the ice because it happened to be a lucky spot where I caught a whole bunch of fish the day before while ice-fishing. The second part of this dream had Linda in it because we went back to the ice a day later but the ice was too thin to walk on. So I went to the deck of a nearby cottage and drilled a hole in the guy’s deck.
I also have had dreams where I had to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and when I go back to bed I go right back into the dream.
The other day I was dreaming about Adirondack Chairs which was probably brought on by the fact that Kevin and Kyla have two in their yard. I visualized me getting into one, and not being able to get out.
Should I seek mental help?

Well, I have to read the local newspaper when it arrives at 5:30 AM, and select my wardrobe for golf.
Have a great Friday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: