Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

You already know how our Monday went, and we sure are glad that it came to an end.

We have another busy day coming up today. Besides me giving the lawn a trim, we have a furniture delivery at 11 AM. Linda is going to her Tuesday Mah Jongg session late.

Between 12 PM and 4 PM, Warner Cable is coming to fix some issues with the telephone and cable television.

I have an Irish Sister City Sports meeting at our house at 3 PM with members of our Pittsfield Irish Sister City Sports Committee.

In between the above mentioned events, we have to return at least the first floor of our house to normal since Linda is hosting BONCO on Thursday evening.

There doesn’t appear to be enough hours in a day to accomplish all that we need to do.

Of course, there is also the guilt of not seeing my parents since we were gone for over a week. We had planned to stop and see dear old mom at the nursing home on the way back from North Tewksbury. We couldn’t stop since we were riding in the cab of the flat bed tow truck because of the car issue.

I suppose that in the scheme of life, these are minor things compared to people who are dealing with more serious health issues.

The Yesue lad is correct about the car problems. Repairing cars which are already paid for is much less painful. I would readily accept the pain that we had, but that $500 + car repair bill dollars could have been used for extra things which we wanted to do with respect to getting our house back to normal.

Sports – Luckily the Red Sox had a travel day on Monday, but the Yankees and Tampa Bay won their games. It appears that the Sox can’t gain any ground on the top two teams in their division. It might be another; “wait until next year” type of season since there are so few games left of the regular season.

I see where Hurricane Earl is heading toward costal North Carolina. I am glad that I don’t have to prepare for hurricane Earl.

Observation – On the flight from Atlanta to Boston on Sunday, there were three women in the seats behind Linda and me. When one black woman found out that the white woman was originally from Oklahoma, a conversation began (two black women and one white woman were in these seats). The black woman talked for the 2.5 hour flight. We wouldn’t mind, but the whole conversation was loud enough that we couldn’t concentrate on reading our books. By the end of the flight, I knew the Black woman’s whole family situation, and what she did for a living, how religious she was with respect to her Baptist religion, etc. which I really didn’t want to know. I was wondering if I turned around and asked her to tone it down, would I have been out of order or would it be considered rude of me to say anything.

I am going to read the local newspaper, and start quietly returning things to where they belong. I will need supervision, if I start hanging pictures, etc., so I will have to wait until Linda wakes up.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: