Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I spent most of Tuesday in grocery stores. It takes a good deal of time and effort to shop for bargains. I was attempting to purchase all the stuff that I would need for my friend and I to prepare and serve 80 to 90 golfers for the senior golf tournament this coming Monday. We still have to confirm the exact number of golfers before purchasing the meat portion of the cookout. I tried to accomplish the shopping goal in one grocery store which I knew had a good deal of bargains, but I did end up going to 3 more grocery stores. My adventure never ended until almost 3:30 PM.

Linda had fun playing Mah Jongg, but I forgot to ask her how her day turned out.

After a little down time, and quick shower we were out the door for our next adventure which was a “Picnic in the Park” with our Irish Sister City Friends and guests at Wahconah Park. The set up for private parties at the Ball Park was very nice. The menu was hot dogs, hamburgers, macaroni salad, a tossed salad, non alcoholic drinks, and cookies for dessert. The cash bar sold 16 ounce domestic beers for $3, and $4 for beers like Sam Adams, Heiniken, etc.

Linda said that the ladies’ room at the baseball park was better than the ones at Tanglewood.

In less than an hour, I will be heading out the door for the UNICO Golf Tournament to be a worker all day long.

Linda has a day full of errands, but it should be peaceful with me not being around to bug her.
I think that she was going out with some of her girlfriends this evening. She will be missing her knitting group at Panera Bread. Oh Darn!

I see where the Red Sox won, the Yankees lost, but the team that they are chasing for a wild card spot won their game.

Things appear to be calm on the political front. The President has to get back to fulfilling his campaign promises.
I do like the talk that we will be turning over the reins to the local government in the war torn regions pretty soon. It is so sad that it took so many American lives before it could happen.

Well, I have to jump in the shower and select my wardrobe for the day.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: