Friday, February 3, 2012

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

I am starting this e-mail at one of those ungodly early morning hours because I went to be too early.

It was kind of fun crazy for several hours after Kevin, Kyla, Max and Piper all arrived home. I haven't had a nap since Monday afternoon so I decided to weave one in before the Curley's all came home. The family stopped at Day Care and decided to pick up Max early. When they arrived home, they told two year old Max to go wake up Papa. Max climbed up the stairs, and went into the guest bedroom, and woke me up. He needed a playmate because he sensed that his sister was getting little more attention than he normally receives.

About 4 PM, one of Kyla's best friends from college arrives with her three year old, and Max had now his own playmate. Well, putting two boys together with a whole bunch of toys, electronic gadgets, etc. turned into one hectic afternoon / evening. Instead of spending a few calm hours after arriving home from the hospital, the parents acted like referees in a sporting contest. I guess that I forgot what it is like to be a parent when our children were that young.

Her friend, Erin, brought supper which was a family sized Chicken Pot pie. This Chicken Pot pie wonderful. A little Mom and Pop operation grew into a major manufacturer of the epicurean delight. They grew so large with multiple stores and they even have a store in Tewksbury. The Curley's have decided that we are going to have a Chicken Pot in our freezer at home all of the time. just in case we have an impromptu party at our house.

If you are no a fan of Chicken Pot Pies because you often can't find any chicken in the product, you would be amazed at this brand of Chicken Pot Pies. Some of the pieces of white Chicken meat are so large that you need a fork and and knife to cut the pieces up.

After everyone wakes up, and Kevin makes us breakfast, I will load up the car and we will head back to the Berkshires. We have a lot to do in preparation for the Super Bowl Party on Sunday at our home. We also have a social function to attend tonight and Saturday night. I am not sure if there are enough hours in the day to accomplish all the tasks which need to be done in preparation for Super Bowl Sunday.

Here in Tewksbury today things should be quiet and calm for Kevin and Kyla and their two children, but I know for a fact that a grocery run has to be made by Kevin or Kyla. They too have to purchase some items for their Super Bowl Party.
I am guessing that the Super Bowl Party in Tewksbury might be a little hectic because many of their 30 somethings friends are bringing their children to the party too. Kevin and Kyla's family room, where all the toys are located, will look like a cyclone passed through it at the end of the party.
The Curley party in Pittsfield will be less hectic for sure!

Curley Super Bowl Party in Pittsfield -- Linda and I finally discussed our food contribution to the Super Bowl Party. Linda is going to make egg salad, and tuna salad finger sandwiches. She is also going to whip up a non vegetarian Chili concoction. I wanted to do a crock pot of my sausage, home made meat ball, onions and peppers, but Linda didn't think that we needed to do so because other people are bringing food too. I know that someone is bringing some Kielbasa. Linda will also be ready to put out chips and dips if needed.

Like I said the other day, world issues are so trivial in the scheme of things when the family is dealing with a new born.

The other day, one of my friends visited my father in the Mount Greylock nursing home. The friend told my father that he has another great grandchild. When my friend told my father that his his great grandchild's name was Piper Lee, my father told my friend that it must be her nick name. Most of us baby boomer friends were named after Saints, or after family members who were also named after saints. Every one of my mother's and father's brother and sister's had saint like names. As you know, I was named after Saint Francis of Assisi (the Saint of animals). Maybe that it why I like to take care of my feathered and furry friends in the winter time.

Sports -- More people are betting that the New York Giants are going to win the Super Bowl. In 2007, the Patriots were favored to win, and look what happened. I can't wait to see the Super Bowl Commercials. The 2.5 million dollar 30 second commercials were sold out months ago. Us fans will be the best judges of those commercials.

Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee, and continue to make no noise which is extremely difficult for me.
Kevin and Kyla need their sleep to because thay didn't get much while they were in the hospital.

Have a great day and work or play.
Have a great weekend too. The Curley Lad

Go Patriots!

At this point, I am not praising the Giants at all. May the Curse be with you!
I have at least four Giant fans coming to our Party!

No comments: