Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentines’ Day. Linda and I didn’t see each other until after my ServSafe test. I arrived home close to 10:30 PM. We chatted about how each of our days went for 15 minutes before I headed off to bed.

The ServSafe review and test at the ITAM last night was tiring. I normally don’t do well on multiple guess tests because all the answers look good to me. Our instructor even helped us out when we weren’t sure about a particular question. When I turned in the test, I asked her about two questions, and she said that my answers were incorrect, and she told me the correct answer. This didn’t make me feel good about the other questions on the 90 question test. We won’t get the test results for a couple of weeks because they are sent off to a national testing center.

Her Valentine gave Linda a little bauble, and a Valentine card with some lottery tickets. Linda knitted me a beautiful grey tweed like toque to wear for any occasion, but I will most likely use it for ice-fishing! Linda must have read my daily blog about Whitman’s Sampler Chocolates because she picked me up a box in her travels on Tuesday.

Linda is the only one socially engaged today. She will be doing lunch with her friend who is flying back to Atlanta, and then dropping her off at her daughter’s place of employment. Her daughter will be driving her Mom to the airport, and flying with her Mom to Atlanta.
Linda has BONCO at a friend’s house this evening. I am thinking of having another Chicken Novena while she is with this group of friends.

I did have thoughts of doing a little ice-fishing today which I haven’t done this year yet. There is some nuisance weather going on right now so if I do go, I won’t be set up on the ice at the crack of dawn.

In my travels yesterday, I did visit Dad in the nursing home. He seemed to be in good spirits. He was not completely pain free, but he was less grumpy than the day before when he spent almost 24 hours in the emergency room of Berkshire Medical Center.

I didn’t get an invite to attend the funeral service for Whitney Houston in New Jersey. I am so hurt! Yeah right!

I also see where the CEO of the Apple Company is going to try and reduce the sweatshop like conditions in China where the Apple Products are assembled. When the financial bottom line of the profits which Apple is earning for it shareholders decreases at all, I would guess it will be business as usual in those sweatshops.

Speaking of technology, did you see the video of a father who shot his teenage daughter’s computer. Is this the new way to solve parent and daughter problems? He taped the event, put it on the internet, and it went viral.

Did you also read about the guy who was at a Church service the other day? He was showing off his 9 MM hand gun after the service. The owner of the gun didn’t realize that there was a bullet in the chamber of the gun. The gun went off. The bullet went through a wall, and hit a female Church goer in the head. Could you tell me why you need to take a hand gun at a Church Service?
The Bible and guns seem to go hand in hand. Oh Darn!

Did any of my readers see that one of the States was given permission to build a Nuclear Plant? No new plants have been made for almost 30 years in the United States. I am a little leery of constructing any Nuclear Plants. If they are so great, why did Germany start dismantling all of their Nuclear Plants after the disaster in Japan? Also, Nuclear Plants would be a prime target for the terrorists through out the world.
There is an article in today’s news of a Nuclear Plant in Michigan that has had some safety violations. Can you imagine living next to that Nuclear Plant?

Did you read where they caught a 10 year old Suicide Bomber?

On a happier note, the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated willing hit the stands any day now. Most of us read the articles in the magazine and don’t focus on the pictures. Yeah Right!
I like the Sports Illustrated magazine after the Swimsuit Issue goes public. You have to read the letters to the editor, and read how upset the readers are. Some people write that they are canceling their subscriptions. The readers start questioning what the Swimsuit Issue has to do with sports? The Swimsuit issue is one of the best read (and looked at), and the most profitable issues for this weekly magazine. Sex sells and don’t you forget!

Sports – My Boston Bruins lost their game yesterday. Good thing that I wasn’t home to watch the game.

Sports continued – The off the bench player for the New York Knicks, Jeremy Lin, made a three point shot with a millisecond left on the clock to win the game last night. This former Harvard graduate and player came off the bench several games ago, and has caused “Lin-Sanity”. A few of the stars for the Knicks have been out with injuries, and it will be hard to sit Lin when the high paid super stars come back. The way that Jeremy has been playing makes it almost impossible to get a ticket for the Knicks’ game whether they are playing home or away games. Even if you don’t care for sports, you ought to see the positive press that this guy is getting. This is like one of those American Dream stories!

Susan B. Anthony was born on this day here in Berkshire County before she traveled and lived in other parts of the country. Every female should count their lucky stars because she was the one who was successful in getting women in the United States the right to vote. She wasn’t successful on the Prohibition issue, but she did try!

On the Albany news, a father was charged for beating his 15 month old son to a brain dead state. This is another case where “Stupid people, shouldn’t breed!”

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and do some quiet activities!

Have a great day at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: