Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant day on Saturday, and there were no bumps along the road of life.

I did go to Retro around 10 AM on Saturday which I will never do again unless I am desperate. When I walked in the door of Retro Fitness, every machine was being used. The muscle bound guys were grunting because of the large free weights that they were lifting. They don’t even use the machines that I use because the weights don’t go much over 200 pounds. The scenery of the landscape on Saturday morning is quite a change compared to the 4:30 AM crowd. Around 11 AM more machines started to free up so I could do my routine.

I took an early nap so that Linda and I could go to the movies at the Beacon Cinema. This is another place where seeing a matinee during the week is the best and least crowded time to go. Linda did make the comment that maybe if I skipped some naps that we would go to the mid week matinees more often! We saw the Denzel Washington movie called “Safe House”. There was a lot of action, which I like. I would bet that it was based on a real story about the workings of the CIA. Even if the story was fictional, I would bet that this is exactly how the CIA works as well as many other government agencies. Oh Darn!

After the movie, we cruised “Marshalls” to waste some time before our 7 PM reservations at the Salmon Run located in my home town of Lee. While at Marshalls, I tried some sneakers on, but one that caught my eye Linda wasn’t crazy about. She called them “Dorky!” Good thing that I have a significant other who could help me will clothes and footwear selections. We did purchase one functional item. Linda now has a charger for her cell phone that she can plug into the cigarette lighter of the car.

It was so good that we had reservation for Salmon run. There were about 10 people in line thinking that they could just walk in with out reservations. It was semi embarrassing walking by these people who were waiting long before we arrived. One couple that I said “Hello” to was from the Kelly Funeral Home clan! He finally got seated as we were almost done with our meal.

It is a balmy 6 degrees out right now. The Jimmy Fund Derby started at 6 AM. I am not rushing out the door because I decided to leave my ice-fishing gear home, and to just socialize with friends at the event. When the tournament ends at 2 PM. It will be 18 degrees. We never did get any of the predicted snow. This lack of snow also convinced me not to venture out on the ice. I explained to Linda that the distance from the Controy Paviliion to where I have to venture out on the ice is a several hundred yards before I can drill a hole without the weeds popping up through the hole. If I had a quad or I was brave enough to drive out onto the ice, I wouldn’t be wimping out!
My plan right now is to read the Sunday newspapers, and head off to the Derby.

Linda is going to hook up with some girlfriends at some point today. For one of her girlfriends, I think today or tomorrow happens to be her birthday!
When I return home from the Derby, I will be studying for ServSafe Recertification test which will be administered on Tuesday night at the ITAM.

We received our ITAM newsletter in the mail yesterday. The ITAM has their winter time Polenta Dinner scheduled for March 22, 2012 (Thursday night). If any of my local readers would like to attend the function with the Curley’s just let me know, and I will reserve a table or two. Details –Polenta, Sausage, Chicken, Salad, Bread, Dessert, and coffee. Cost is $15. Time is 6:30 PM. Tickets will be sold at the door. My friend Mario DeMartino is the contact person who I will reserve table(s) with.

Since I mentioned the ITAM, They also have on March 10, 2012 Italian Serenaders from Boston’s North Shore. This musical group has toured the United States and Italy. The dinner and the show starts at 5 PM. The cost is $25 per person. My UNICO brothers and Sisters are cooking a Ravioli Dinner. The tickets must be purchased in advance. The contact number is 499-1486.

Of course, this event is in conflict with the Sacred Heart Irish night at their Parish Hall which is also on March 10, 2012. This Irish event is $10 which includes a corned beef sandwich, with pickles and chips. They have a D.J. instead of live music, but they will have Irish Step Dancers.

At the ITAM a few years ago, they had an Italian Serenade Night that was absolutely awful. We had guests from our Irish Sister City, and I convinced them to leave early, and we ended up in my Man Cave.
That Seranade group was based out of Albany, and not out of the Italian North End of Boston. I am torn between the Italian and the Irish event. I might try and do both events. I will be wearing my Italian and Irish hats on March 10, 2012 for sure!

Social Calendar – We have one busy week coming up starting on Monday and going right through the weekend. Thursday appears to be the only free day that we have on our social calendar on which we can have a home cooked meal. Oh Darn!

Well, I have to do my morning routine, and head off for some socialization at the Jimmy Fund Ice-Fishing Derby.

Have a great Sunday!
As you see the Curley’s will be busy as usuaual.
Talk to you soon. The Curely Lad

No comments: