Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,



Hope that your Tuesday went well. Ours went as planned although Linda wasn’t a winner at her Mah Jongg session, but she did have fun.



I am up early on purpose. I felt that it was time for me and retro Fitness to meet up once again. I am going to try and be more faithful to working out at Retro Fitness.

Today I will be at the gym with the 4:30 AM crowd.



The Beef Stroganoff dinner that Linda prepared with the help of the Crock Pot to cook the beef was spectacular. When I use the word spectacular, this means that we could serve this meal to any of our friends, and they would love it. Linda whipped up some of those Pillsbury Biscuits that take about 15 minutes to bake in the oven, and the meal was complete.



Social Calendar – Linda has knitting on her social calendar. I have nothing, but more studying for my ServSafe recertification which takes place on Valentines Day of next week. I am guessing that our female instructor must not celebrate Valentines Day since she scheduld the review and test on that night starting at 6 PM. Oh Darn!

Since Linda dines at Panera Bread before her Knitters begin to socialize, I think I might have myself a Chicken Novena. I am thinking of preparing a bunch of Chicken Leg Quarters. I will have supper just before the Boston Bruins Hockey game.



I see where a Caribbean Cruise was halted because of the Norovirus. Norovirus is one of the terms which I have to know for my Recertification test. Our West Stockbridge friends are going on a Caribbean Cruise during one of the upcoming school vacations. I am pretty sure that the captain of the ship won’t drive the boat into a reef because of the incident in Italy, but I would definitely be a little nervous about the Norovirus. This virus crippled two cruise ships after the Italy incident. Our friends better Google Norovirus before they even step foot on their Cruise Ship. Oh Darn!



In the political world, I see where Mitt Romney’s little role was halted in Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado. The voters like the politics of Rick Santorum more than they liked Mitt. Newt has really started to fade. I will have to communicate with my Republican friends who want Mitt and Governor Cristie to go against President Obama. I wonder if my conservative friend will have to do some switching of the candidates before the election takes place.



I also see where Syria continues to kill it own people. The United States is weighing their options as I type this e-mail. I think that the United State will be getting involved in another conflict in the Middle East. I am starting to not like the proposed military cuts in the defense budget.



I only drove Linda crazy one time yesterday even though she was out of the house for almost 5 hours. I decided to wash some clothes as I left the house to do some errands. Before she went off to Mah Jongg, she decided to help out so that I wouldn’t have wrinkled clothes which I talked about in yesterday’s blog. Well, I didn’t realize that clothes put on the drying rack take at least two days to dry. She took her wet clothes off the drying rack to accommodate mine. She put her wet clothes on top of the bed hoping that would dry while was at Mah Jongg, but they didn’t dry that well. This little incident means that we have a two day rule for washing clothes. Could it have been simpler to live the life of a Cave Man and Cave Woman?



I also read where the ban on Same Sex marriages in California might come to an end. I thought that California was just a liberal as Massachusetts.

Isn’t it great that our small Liberal State of Massachusetts have same sex marriage and Universal Health Care before it ever became an issue in other States. We Liberals must be progressive thinkers.



It looks like this weekend’s local Jimmy Fund Ice Fishing Derby is a go. I might skip the ice-fishing part, and go there to socialize with all the people who organize the event and who enter the Derby. The organizer said that there was plenty of ice on Onota Lake where the Derby is being held. The temperatures on Sunday won’t even hit the 30 degree mark. I still need snow cover on the ice before venture out on to it.



Well, I have to put on some gym clothes and head off to Retro Fitness. I will also bring dad his newspaper at a more reasonable hour.



Have a great day at work or play!



Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad



P.S. 1. When I open the garage door, it will wake Linda up for sure. Luckily she has no trouble getting back to sleep.



P.S. 2. My words of wisdom might portray Linda as some kind of ill natured woman, but she has put up with me for over 40 years. Like I always say, I get some of my best material for my blog from her almost every day of the week. She is still my Valentine!

No comments: