Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Max's sister arrived last evening a little before midnight. The birth went well. Kyla and the 6 lb. 3 oz. , 18 inch long baby are both doing fine. This birth is over two weeks before Kyla's actual due date.

I will have no trouble remembering Piper's birthday because she was born during Media Week preceding the Super Bowl. Being born at the end of a month makes it easy for me to remember too.

It is just Linda, Max, me, the three cats, and two dogs. Kevin slept in the hospital room last evening which is what they do nowadays.

As I was sitting here thinking of what to write, what is happening in the rest of our nation and in the world doesn't seem to be a big deal. The most important thing is that a new person has become part of a very loving family.

Of course, Linda and I have our fourth grandchild to add to the joy in our lives. Linda has another female to do girl stuff with while the boys in Tewksbury and Valdosta, Georgia, and I do our thing.

What else can I say, but "Life is Good". I wish that my mom was still alive to see and enjoy another great grandchild.
The cycle of life continues.

They way hospitals are, Kyla and the baby won't be staying long in the hospital. As the next day or so progresses, we will try and figure out when we could head back to the Berkshires.
It looks like I might not be in the kitchen at the ITAM on Thursday helping to prepare dinner for the NAMI Fundraiser / Dinner Show.
This also means that we will be missing a 21st birthday party for Liam Geddes at Patrick's Pub on Thursday night. As I always say, Family always come first.

Kevin took a picture of his daughter on his I Phone, and I haven't seen her yet. I was sleeping when Linda woke me up and told me of the good news.

Another positive is that a few weeks ago, Kyla said that she had a dream that she was going to have her child on Super Bowl Sunday. I told her don't even think about doing such a thing since the Curley's have a Super Bowl Party that day. Kevin and Kyla are supposed to be having one too. Well, her dream almost came true didn't it?

I did go to bed a happy man on Tuesday night because the Celtics and the Bruins won their non home games.

Linda and I are trying to figure out how and when to go in and see Kevin, Kyla, and the new arrival. We could send Max off to daycare, and drive into Boston for a visit. I would stay here in Tewksbury and take care of Max in his own home, but Linda doesn't like driving on the Boston streets to Brigham and Women's Hospital by herself. Oh Darn!

I am trying to be extremely quiet. Max has been going to bed later, and he will sleep later if the house is quiet. If I even empty the dishwasher, the dish clanging will wake him up. I think Max, like his Nana Linda, has bionic ears. Linda hears my every step as I quietly prance around the house at some ungodly morning hour. Just me opening and closing doors, done quietly, is enough to get her stirring.

Warmth and rain is the forecast for the Tewksbury / Boston area.

Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee ( even the coffee pod machine is noisy), and read the news on line.

Have a great Wednesday at work or play.
You know where Linda and I are, and what we will be doing for the next day or so.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

Go Patriots! And Go Giants! ( for our friends who are Giant fans) but I am praying for the Patriots to be the more successful team!

No comments: