Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I had a pleasant day on Wednesday. We took Max to Daycare, and headed off to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston to see Piper Lee Curley. I guess I forgot what it was like to pick up this little bundle of joy that seemed so tiny. Kevin was sitting in a chair in the their 8th floor room holding his child when we arrived. Piper was passed around so that Linda and I could hold her. Piper slept most of the time that we were there. She has a full head of hair which is a Curley tradition of going back many generations. Linda thinks that Piper might have some waves or curls which our two boys never had. Kyla thinks that Piper might have Linda's shaped nose. Piper is the size of a baby doll. I can't wait to see Max's reaction when he sees his little sister.

If all goes well today, Kyla, Kevin, and Piper should be coming home from the hospital today. Kyla was doing pretty well yesterday, and moving around like it was just a normal day in her life. She will soon be back to reality when she has two children to take care of.

Max has been easy to take care of. He was so cute the day that we picked him up from Ginny Brodeur's back on Tuesday night. Linda, Max and me were in the family room, when he saw a pair of Kyla's reading glasses on a table. He picks them up and he starts to head upstairs to his parent's bedroom to bring the glasses to his mother. We had difficulty trying to explain that his mother wasn't home, and that she was in the hospital trying to get ready to give birth. He then started asking about his daddy, and we told him that his daddy was with his mommy.

He was again in this cute mode when we picked him up from daycare on Wednesday. He ran to his Papa and his Nana as soon as we arrived at the door of his classroom of his daycare center.

I think that we will stay one more day in Tewksbury before we head back to the Berkshires.
Linda and I have a bunch of stuff to do for our Super Bowl Party. Kevin and Kyla are still having their Super Bowl Party, but Kyla has people bringing food. Their friend's will be coming to the party for sure to check out Piper. Piper will passed around to all the guests. I am pretty sure that one of the couples at the party will be the couple who will be having their first child in March. This couple will getting a preview of coming attractions.

I am trying to be real quiet so that Max and Linda both sleep as late as they can.


I see where the Father of "Soul Train" committed suicide. I want more details about why this guy wanted to put an end to his life while at the tender age of 75.

Politics -- Romney made a little gaff yesterday when he said that "poor people have a safety net" built into the system to help them get through the difficult times. I think he made a true statement, but this came from the mouth of a person who is well off.

During casual conversation while visiting Kyla, Kevin, and Piper, Kyla announced that she might not be voting for President Obama in the upcoming Presidential elections. I think that this Democratic minded woman might be crossing over to the other side. Oh Darn!

These gaffs that politicians make are similar to the ones made by football players during media week leading up to the Super Bowl. I see where one of the New York Giant players got fined $25,000 for not showing up on media day. Media day is not an optional event for players on both teams.

I did get to watch the Celtics do battle. I tried to watch the fourth quarter of the game in bed. As usual, I fell sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Most of my friend's think that I am crazy to sit there and watch professional basketball on television.

I see where a soccer game in Egypt turned deadly when the fans rioted. People can't even get along during a sporting contest so how can we expect them to be friendly to one another as peaceful nations.

The college student of one of our friends had a scheduled school trip to Egypt, but because the turmoil in these countries the trip had to be cancelled.

Today is a special day for Linda and me. Ground Hogs' day was the day some forty years + ago that it was either for Linda and me to go ice-fishing or to go and pick out an engagement ring. Since the weather was a bit brisk, we ( mostly Linda) decided that ring searching was more important than ice-fishing. Here we some forty years later with four wonderful grandchildren, and Life is Good!

I am in one of those stretches in my life where I am afraid to ask people how they are doing. I saw a friend who would normally be in Florida at this time of the year the other day. I asked him why he wasn't in Florida. He said that he was diagnosed with cancer, and that he has had four Chemotherapy treatments, and he wants to stay local for the treatments. There are so many people out there both young and old who are hurting buckaroos. Right now Linda and I are quite fortunate that our aches and pains are not life threatening. This is why when I am asked, I always say the "Life is Good". Linda and I both know that in a heartbeat we could be one of those hurting buckaroos.

If Kyla, Kevin, and Piper come home today, I think that I will make supper for them. I was thinking of cooking a boneless pork loin in the oven along and a carrot, potato, and onion concoction. I might even grill some asparagus for Kyla which is one of her favorite grilled vegetables. I will cut the pork in medallions and serve with a delicious pork gravy.

For our friends in the Berkshires, I am sorry that I won't be able to be in the kitchen at the ITAM to help my UNICO brothers and sisters prepare the meal for the NAMI fundraiser / dinner show.

For my Irish Friends, you will have to celebrate Liam Geddes' birthday at Patrick's Pub, also this evening, without the Curley's.

There will be many more fundraisers to work, and parties to attend.
Linda and I will see all of you Berkshirites soon.

It is kind of strange not seeing a speck of snow on the ground at this time of the year. It isn't even cold enough to snow. Kevin tried out his new snow blower once this year here in Tewksbury. Maybe Kevin purchasing this snow blower jinxed the snow gods.

Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee, and read the Berkshire Eagle on line.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: