Friday, December 17, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went exactly as planned.
Linda did accompany me for my 11 AM appointment with the Orthopedic Doctor. The doctor said that he did look at the X-Ray taken by the Physicians Assistant a couple of weeks ago. He thought he saw a slight crack in the kneecap (which Nature will heal by itself). While in the examining room, Linda kept on telling the doctor that I was pretty much a whimp when it comes to pain, and that I have low threshold tolerance for pain, which is true.
My self diagnosis was right on the money with respect to a meniscus tear. The doctor had me sit on the bed in the examining room. He said to relax and let my legs hang over the bed. He grabs my ankle, and twists one way, and I felt no pain. He twists the ankle the opposite way, and I felt pain. His diagnosis was a meniscus tear. He said that my health insurance doesn’t allow a surgical procedure until you go through a couple of things. He shot me up which a lubricant in the knee area. I then go to several sessions with a Physical Therapist. If thing aren’t any better or tolerable, then he will do a simple scope job.
Linda has had a similar meniscus tear for a couple of years, but she is not a whimp like me, so she deals with her on and off pain. Well, good for her!

The Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army went very well. Linda and I went on a date after the Belling ringing. I had to fill out a betting sheet for my NFL picks for this coming weekend. Of course, this pool that I am in is for entertainment purposes only.

We then went off to do a little shopping in downtown Pittsfield. Our downtown is trying to revive an old practice, which fell by the wayside, of keeping the stores open on Thursday night. Linda and I were in a family owned hardware store poking around when a photographer from the Berkshire Eagle newspaper came over to Linda and me as we were looking at a heavy duty squirrel proof bird feeder. He snapped 20 or 30 pictures of me handling the bird feeder. He took our names. Our pictures might be in the local newspaper this morning.

For supper we ended up at the 99 Restaurant. We had red meat with all the fixings. It was wonderful.

We did get home in time so that I could watch the Bruins lose their hockey game, and the Celtics win their basketball game.

Politics – The compromise Tax bill passed the House and Senate. It goes to the President’s desk for him to accept or veto. Could real progress have been made?

Holiday Plans -- Linda and I decided that we won’t be in the Berkshires for Christmas. We won’t be having our Christmas Party / Open House / my Birthday Party (December 23, 2010).
We are going to celebrate Christmas Eve with our son in North Tewksbury as well as Christmas Day.

Social Calendar – I am pretty sure that we have nothing on our social Calendar for Friday, but that is okay. There are some matinee movies which we can go to, or we could do a little recreational shopping. I will need a nap for sure if I am going to make into and through any evening activities.

While listening to a Sports’ Talk program, I heard that the injured quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo, got engaged to television reporter. He is 30, and she is 24 years old, and she was a former Miss Missouri beauty queen. I see a prenuptial agreement in the very near future.

I was also thinking about our son Kevin and how that he is going to deal with snow removal for the Northeaster which is heading toward the Boston area starting on Sunday night while the Patriots play their 8:30 PM game at Gillette Stadium. Kevin’s inclined driveway goes downhill towards their two car garage. Kevin doesn’t own a snow blower. I know he has a snow shovel at his Restaurant in East Boston, but I am not sure if he owns one for his home in North Tewksbury. I hope that he knows someone that he could hire to plow his driveway. Shoveling his driveway would not be an easy task even for a thirty something young man.
The Northeaster might not even reach us in the Berkshires. We are 120 miles from Boston.

Well, I have some quiet activities to take care of, and I have to finish my morning routine.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: