Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I made it through another day with our toddler grandchild. Linda took a little break from baby sitting , and played Mah Jongg with her usual Tuesday group. I did okay with taking care of Max, but I could have used an extra set of hands.
She was pretty lucky while playing Mah Jongg so she walked in the door very happy at 4:30 PM.

After I put Max to bed around 7:30 PM, I tried to watch the Boston Bruins hockey game which normally goes from about 7 PM until 9:30 PM. I went into my man cave prepared to watch the game. I fell asleep after period one with the Bruins leading by a 1 to 0 score. I woke up with the roar of the crowd with the score tied 2 to 2. The game went to an overtime period, and the Bruins won the game.

It is a balmy 21 degrees right now, and we aren’t supposed to get much warmer here in the Berkshires. The weather guy said that we have another day of similar cold weather. He did say that the weekend storm heading our way will be mostly rain on Sunday and Monday with the some light snow as the front exits the Northeast.

The national news didn’t appear to have anything worth noting except for a Illinois husband who died in a car crash, and his wife is missing. They were partying before getting in their car and heading home. They did find the woman’s foot tracks in the snow, but they authorities haven’t located the woman after the deadly crash on icy roads.

Observation -- This accident got me thinking about drinking and driving as many of us attend more parties than usual during the holiday period. I also was thinking about the many people who will be driving while impaired. The driving impaired people are often under the influence of prescription drugs as well as other substances like Marijuana besides the usual alcoholic beverages. If any of my readers do party over the holidays make sure you have a designated driver.
Since I have been talking about driving, the cars sold by 2014 will have those cameras above the rear license plates so that you can see people and objects when you back the car up. Our Kia is a high profile vehicle but we don’t really see small objects behind the car. This new law was brought about by a couple who had three children. One day this grandpa backed up in the family’s driveway, and ran over and killed his toddler grandson. The family forgave grandpa, but he has been reliving the incident, and he will do so until the day he dies.
The rear window in our Kia Sportage is tinted which makes visibility more difficult especially at night time.

Another observation – While reading the Sunday Boston Globe, our son’s interest was peaked a front page article about one of his competitors called “The Upper Crust”. The guy started out small as a pizza place, and now has 25 franchised places. Well the founder did so using illegal aliens, underpaid them, and threatened to go to the authorities when they workers complained.
If you do something illegal, the law will catch up to you eventually.

Most of my e-mails over the past few days have been about our grandson. How could anyone ever get upset or lose their patience over such a good child who eats well, naps well, sleeps well at night, wakes up with a smile, and just acts like toddlers are supposed to act. The attention span of a toddler isn’t that great. When he gets bored with stuff on the first floor, he signals me that he wants to play in my man cave. I am not used to picking up toys before Linda and I are ready to relax. Max sleeps all night and wakes up between the 6 AM to 7 PM hours. Grandpa has a tendency to rescue Max in the morning before I should. My son told me to wait to he starts yelling to be rescued since he deals with Max in the morning at his house.

I did take him outside in the snow yesterday morning after breakfast. I pulled him around in the toddler sled. He enjoyed it until a stiff wind blew snow into his face. Linda did purchase a new pair of boots before she went off to her Tuesday Mah Jongg session. He had all the winter like clothes except for the boots.

The crock pot won’t be turned on today. We have enough leftovers for lunch and supper.

Today is garbage day, and I did notice that we have generated a bit more garbage with an extra person in the house.

Wednesday is Linda’s knitting group session at Panera bread. I won’t let her go until after Max has supper.

We all might go out and do some errands at some point today. I have to go out for sure and do a few things. I could do so while Max is napping, but I usually nap when Max takes his nap.

We heard by way of an e-mail that Max’s parents miss him very much. They requested pictures of him so Linda took out her camera, took some pictures, and sent them over the internet to his parents.

After Max wakes up, I have to put out the garbage, and get the newspaper off of the driveway. Our plow guy did plow our driveway yesterday afternoon. I have to fire up the snow blower, and do the sidewalks which are a mandatory ordinance for the City of Pittsfield residents.

Have a great Wednesday.
You know what Linda and I will be doing for sure.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: