Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.

My knee feels great for a second day. My first physical therapy appointment begins on December 27, 2010.

Linda and I did make it the movies at our Berkshire Mall. The Movie actually started at 2:30 PM, but the listed starting time for the movie was 2:10 PM. We saw a ”based on a true story” movie called “Unstoppable”. The movie was great, and was enjoyed by two other people, and Linda and I who were the only ones in this particular theater.

We left the Mall, and headed directly to an AT&T store and picked up Linda’s Early Christmas present. She purchased the Samsung version of the I Phone. Linda got a 2 hour lesson from the guy who sold her the cell phone. So far she loves it, but she is still in the learning stages. I am eligible for a new cell phone too, but I am not sure that I am worthy of owning one, or whether I have the patience to deal with one, and all the various applications. I will see if Linda loves her new cell phone, and make a decision at a later date.

We hooked up with our Dalton friends, and met them at the Shamrock Restaurant around 6 PM. This was prime time, and we waited for at least 20 minutes to get a table in this limited seated restaurant.

After supper, we went off to play men vs women cribbage at our friend’s house. The men won two out of three games, before we called it an evening. The third and final game was a close one. We were both within pegging distance of winning the game. The women had first count, and they didn’t have enough points in their hands to win the game.

Social Calendar – We aren’t booked into anything as of this moment. I did hear Linda and her girlfriend saying that they were going to call each other, and possibly do a little shopping. There is no way that I am going into any stores today. This is the last full weekend before Christmas. All the people will be finishing up their shopping, or doing Christmas shopping for the first time. It wil be a made house everywhere.
I heard that one of our local Liquor stores is having a Scotch Sampling event which starts at noon. You might find me at this event.

Of course there is always a load of clothes to do. And I might mentally pack for our trip next week to North Tewksbury. It should be a four night stay.
If Linda decides not to leave the house, she could always make some Italian Cookies. She got this secret recipe from one of her BONCO girlfriends.

Today, I have to conserve some energy for our four party day on Sunday. I am trying to figures out when to take a nap so that I can stay up for the Sunday night Patriot Game which starts at 8:30 PM.

I also would like to visit my Dad in Lee, and my mother in the nursing home at some point this morning.

The weather looks okay for the weekend. We might get some snow in first part of next week. I might need to pack some boots on our trip east, and take the grandchild sliding if they do get some white stuff.

The Political scene is a bit quiet now since our congressmen and congresswoman are getting ready to head home for their Christmas recess. I still think about the men and women who won’t be with their families this Christmas. It will not be an easy time for them mentally.
The terrorists want to do some nasty things as the rest of the world celebrates Christmas. I hope that their threats don’t come to fruition.

Observation – On a lighter note, is there an art to open cereal boxes, Saran wrap containers, foil containers, cracker boxes, etc. I am leaning toward the fact that it is more of a challenge for females than men. I have noticed this from the way my significant other opens all the above mentioned containers. If you saw the Cheerios Box that is in our house right now, you would know what I was talking about. Even Linda’s latest tape job was not good enough to close the top of the Cheerios box. I have noticed similar hacked up boxes at both daughter-in-laws homes too. I hope that it wasn’t their husbands who did the damage. For the Saran Box, I had to duck tape it to make it work correctly.
While at the Tuesday Christmas Party, which we attended last week, I need to wrap up Linda’s Crab Dip appetizer before putting it in the microwave. The host told me what drawer in her kitchen that I could find the Saran wrap. I grabbed the box, which was falling apart, and Saran wrap roll hit the kitchen floor. I couldn’t blame this woman’s husband because she is currently divorced, and doesn’t have a male companion at the current time.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine,
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: