Monday, December 13, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

I hope that my snow bird friends postpone their trip down south. It will be about the same temperature in the Northeast as it will be down south as the latest front moves through. The southerners will be wearing winter jackets and gloves for sure. The snow in the Midwest is another story. We won’t be getting that white stuff they have been getting.


Speaking of snow, my New England Patriots did quite well in the snow and cold in Chicago. They showed the NFL that they might be the team to beat this year. I watched a New England Sports program after the game. One of the announcers, who was on two Super Bowl Championship teams said that this year’s team has more talented players than his two Super Bowl teams.
How about the coaching tactic that Belechik used in practice? He froze 12 balls, and forced the team to practice with frozen footballs.

How about Rex Ryan, the coach of the Jets, burying the football after losing to the Patriots on Monday night? First of all, he copied that motivational technique form Bill Belechik, and it didn’t work. They lost their Sunday afternoon game.

Our Sunday did do exactly the way which we had planned. I surfaced from my Man Cave for supper which was the crock pot beef stew which I mentioned in my Sunday e-mail. It was wonderful. Linda put in some fresh herbs from her Aero Garden. I did take a morning nap so that I could stay up and watch a whole day of football as the wind and rain drenched us in the Northeast. The weather guy said that the temperature will start dropping around 5 PM with snow showers, and the roads freezing over. I am the only one who has to go out this evening since I have a 6 PM UNICO meeting. I am hoping that the meeting is no more than an hour long. I have two football games to watch this evening since the Giants vs Vikings had their game postponed due to the collapse of the roof of the Metrodome in Minnesota.

Linda read the two Sunday newspapers, clipped some coupons, did some knitting, dealt with a load of my clothes, and watched her DVR recorded programs, and set the table for supper.

Politics – I do hope the Democrats and Republicans can put together a compromise bill about those tax break issues. The rich have becoming so rich over these difficult times us middle class Americans are trying to make ends meet. I don’t agree with the argument that rich will produce more jobs for the average American if we keep the tax cuts as they are right now.

Dream – I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that I caught a teenage burglar in my back yard. He was driving a beat up pickup truck. He was loading up a bunch of stuff in a wheel barrel. He even stole my metal mailbox from the front yard. I was trying to figure out where this dream came from. I remembered a conversation from the Saturday night party. One of our retired teacher friends is a real estate broker. He said that he was with a client and another real estate broker as they were looking at a south county house. As soon as they all walked in the house, they all sensed something was wrong. Someone broke into the house by way of a rear door, and took out most of the easily accessible copper pipes in the basement. My brain sure works in mysterious ways.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine, get dressed and do a couple of errands.
I might whip up a couple of Irish Soda Breads as gifts for some of the parties which we will be attending.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: