Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Please excuse the rather early hour that I am sending this e-mail. I am like a little kid thinking about Christmas and Santa Claus. My bio-rhythm is out of whack, but I still feel great!

Our Tuesday went as planned for the most part. I wrapped the presents which I was assigned to wrap, and completed that project before 7 AM. Since I wrapped them in the basement, I was extremely quiet.

Linda wakes up and comes downstairs at 8:30 AM, and said: “Why are you here?” I sat dumfounded until she told me that my doctor’s appointment was for 8:10 AM. I had 11 AM on the brain, but never checked the words written on our calendar. I got dressed in about two seconds, and headed off to the appointment which was about 5 miles from our home. I walked into the doctor’s office really wired. The two secretaries told me to calm down, and that it was no big deal that I was late. Sure, tell this to a person who is never late to anything including wakes and funerals. The dermatologist said that the “tags” on my body were all normal, and non cancerous. I felt great after the doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

While I was doing my thing, the telephone rang at home. Linda answered it when she saw the telephone call was from Kyla’s cell phone. Well the cell phone call was from our 16 month old grandchild, Max, from North Tewksbury. He was playing with her cell phone, and randomly pushed the buttons to make the call.

I stopped at the Subaru dealer on the way back home, and got the two rods which hold up my hatch back window on the Subaru replaced. One rod had rusted out and broken, and the other was close to falling apart. Within 30 minutes, they were replaced.
Linda was just about heading out the door to play Mah Jongg as I arrived home.

Linda was lucky playing Mah Jongg on Tuesday. I told her to go out and buy some lottery tickets hoping that her luck would continue.

While she was playing Mah Jongg, I squeezed in an early afternoon nap. I then went off to fill out my football pool at Berkshire Hills. I got caught up with a couple of guys socializing, and buying each other beverages.

Linda and I had another date night last evening. Fish and Chips for two at Matt Rielly’s Pub is where we went for supper.

Social Calendar – Today we are going to be like elves, and deliver some presents to people whom we are going to miss this year since we are going east for Christmas. We are also going to do a little packing for the few day adventure. Most of the packing of the car will involve packing stuff which we are bringing to Tewksbury, and not so much clothes. We had to make a list so that we wouldn’t forget anything.
Linda does have a body maintenance procedure at noon today.

I believe Linda is going off to her knitting group gathering at Panera Bread this evening. I might do a Chicken Novena while she is gone.

Linda booked in some flights for mid January for us to visit with our two grandchildren from Kansas. They can’t wait to see us, and we can’t wait to see them.

Politics – Sarah Palin’s Alaska is already booked in for another 8 weeks. She gets $250,000 per episode for the eight programs which she has done so far on The Learning Channel. The program has been so popular that she will be paid a bit more per episode. From The Learning Channel to President of the United States is quite a leap, but she appears to be heading in that direction.

Weather – It has been cool, but no snow for us in the Berkshires. Our weather guy is confident that snow will arrive Christmas night, and into the day after Christmas. Our local weather guy is convinced that we will be getting some measurable snow this time. I was amazed that Cape Cod got close to a foot of snow the other day while we didn’t get a flake to fall in the Berkshires. My snow blower needs a workout.

Sports -- I went into our storage shed to get some sun flower seeds to replenish my multiple bird feeders on Tuesday. My ice-fishing gear was calling me to get out there and commune with nature. Once I get my droopy eyelid gets fixed, and get my leg repaired, I will head out to the frozen ponds.
Linda loves it when I go ice-fishing too. I leave the house around daylight (while she is still sleeping), and she has no one to bug her as she goes through her morning routine. Ice-fishing days are the ones where I fire up the crock pot before I leave the house, and come home to a great comfort food type meal. I still haven’t convinced any of my baby boomer friends to join me on the ice. They seem to like going south, and wearing summer like clothes as opposed to dressing up for the cold weather. I do have one friend who is almost ready to retire that might join me on the frozen ponds.

Sports continued – The College Football Bowls have started. Does anyone really care about most of these games? A good number of the combatants are on teams which we have never seen on national television. There are so many College Bowl Games that the average sports’ fan can’t keep them all straight.
None of my New England based professional teams played on Tuesday. Oh Darn!

Gift Stealing – There have been a couple of incidents in the Boston area, and the Albany, New York area where people have broken into storage pods or rooms in buildings and have stolen thousands of dollars worth of “Toys for Tots.” I don’t know how people can be so cruel and heartless. Maybe if the thieves spent time with some of these needy people they wouldn’t think of stealing the toys. The police are working very hard to capture the bandits. If the police do catch them, I hope that they make examples of them through public humiliation.

Well, it is so early that I am going to try and go back to bed right now.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: