Friday, August 12, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

I would usually start by saying that I tee off at 8:30 AM with the seniors golfers at the Berkshire Hills Country Club, but that hasn't happened since I started wearing my orthopedic boot at the end of June. I am currently in the process of trying to secure a credit towards next year's dues since I haven't played golf since June 28, 2011.

Linda had a busy Thursday yesterday. I was going from store trying to finish purchasing all the supplies needed to feed about 80 or more people hotdogs, hamburgers, and fresh corn on the cob for our Senior Members Golf Tournament. The last two items on my list is to purchase the hotdogs and hamburger rolls at one grocery store and sirloin burgers at Guido's Market.
I will make these purchases on Sunday morning before the Irish American Club tournament takes place at 11:30 AM at Skyline Country Club. As I said before, I will be wearing my boot, and most likely do only chipping and putting for the Irish American Club tournament.

We are busy again today. I have to finish some yard work while Linda has a couple of body maintenance procedure to deal with.

Sports -- The Yankees won their game yesterday afternoon, but the Red Sox had a travel day, and they did not have a game. I forgot that the Patriots had a preseason football game, and I missed it. Coach Belichik has already been accused of running up the score. Can he help if his second string players are better than the first string players on the other team?

News -- I see where the stock market rebounded from the loss the day before.
The bargain hunters were out in force wheeling and dealing.

I also saw where the Republicans had a debate. When people who didn't watch the debate were interviewed about the debate, most said that they are going to wait until the large number of candidates is whittled down. Former Massachusetts Governor Romney got heckled in Iowa. Anyone running, and who has a connection to a Liberal State as Massachusetts really doesn't have much of a chance of winning a Presidential election even if he or she is a worthy candidate. Universal Healthcare and Gay marriage started right here in Massachusetts, then look what happened on the State and National levels.

Did you see where a 17 year old male student killed his 49 year old female principal at a Religious school in Memphis? Using violence to solve a problem seems to be a solution for some people in the United States.

We had a bunch of ATM thefts in Pittsfield. The police did catch one guy. I actually called the police the other day. I was on my way to a morning therapy session, and I saw what I thought was the guts of an ATM machine, but not the whole machine. I was coming over the East Street Bridge about a
1/4 mile from our street. I saw this mangled metal box in the bushes. I couldn't stop the car and retrieve it because there were cars behind me. I called and talked to a policeman, and told him what I observed, and he said that he would send someone out there to retrieve the box. It was gone by the time that I got out of therapy. I hoped that my Good Samaritan tip helped to solve this rash of ATM thefts.

Last night we ended up at Berkshire Hills Country Club for supper. One of the guys at the bar saw me wearing my boot and asked if I was cooking for Monday's golf tournament. He said that he can't wait to have a well done burger. I said I would be wearing my boot, but two other friends and me would be preparing food for the golfers, and other golf course workers. I checked the forecast for Monday, and we might get a passing shower. I am hoping that any rain falls after the Tournament is over. Usually the first foursome of golfers is ready to eat around noon time. Our responsibilities are over a little after 5 PM which is when the keg of beer runs out!

Well, I am up early which means an afternoon nap will be needed for sure so that I can watch the Red Sox this evening.
The Curley's have to rest up for a Saturday afternoon / evening Luau. I am not sure what kind of tropical dish that Linda or me is going to make. Linda had something in mind, but I don't want to give it away yet!

Have a great weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: