Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

The Irish Sister City Committee cookout in the off and on rain went very well. I put my 10 by 10 canopy on the deck, and a table underneath the canopy. This table is where the main meal was served buffet style. People sat in the screened in room on the deck, and at the dinning room table. The only thing that hit the dinning room rug was some milk for coffee which was spilled by one of our members.

I cooked the burgers, dogs, and sausage patties in the rain. I wore a yellow slicker so that I stayed relatively dry. My neighbor acted as my assistant putting on slices of cheese on the burgers, and carrying the platter to the main table.

All the pot luck dishes which people brought were wonderful. From the pinwheel sausage through the rum cake, the multitude of different dishes was superb. My neighbor's lasagna was a big hit too.

Linda worked harder than I did making sure that everyone had what they needed from appetizers through the dessert. I think that she needs a day off soon. I hope that no one calls this morning so that she can sleep for as long as she wants.

We met our guests from Cava de Terrini who thanked us profusely for inviting them to the cookout. They were heading off to New York City this morning.
Our guests said that they would treat Linda and me with the same hospitality if we traveled to their city in Italy.

After most of the guests departed, a few of us sat in the screened in room and watched the Red Sox game. The guests knew that it was time to leave when I dozed with a can of beer in my hand, and the full can slipped out of my hand and hit the floor. The floor in the screened in room are just stained deck boards, so the mess that I created wasn't a big deal. I finished watching the Red Sox in bed. Not! I feel asleep two second after my head hit the pillow. I didn't have an afternoon nap on Tuesday so I was a bit tired.

I didn't have time to chat too much with a couple of conservative guests who were at the party. They asked me if I was going to attend the "Scott Brown"
sort of home town meeting today in Pittsfield. He is the one who took over Ted Kennedy's senatorial seat after Ted passed away. I told my friends that I was going to be working the UNICO Golf tournament today, and that I don't hang around with conservative friends for great lengths of time.

Social Calendar -- I have a 7 AM therapy session, and a vein procedure at 10:30 AM before I head off to the UNICO golf tournament. Linda has her 6 PM Knitting Gathering at Panera Bread, and that is it for today's activities.

Well, I have to empty the garbage cans from last night's party. Today is trash collection day for our neighborhood. There are still some cleanup things to do both inside and outside, but Linda took care of most of it last night before going to bed.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: