Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

I am up early because I have a lot of things on my mind with respect to taking care of all the food details for today's 80+ Senior Members Golf Tournament at Berkshire Hills Country Club. I did pick up the Sirloin Burgers at Guido's on Sunday, but the boxes were so big that I had to bring them to Berkshire Hills C.C. and store them in the beer cooler at the club. It is raining out right now, and I am so hoping that the rain stops or is over for this tournament. If the tournament does get postponed, I will have to turn over the task of running the food portion of the event to my two friends since Linda and I will be heading to Tewksbury on Tuesday morning.

Speaking of Golf, we were able to get in 18 holes of golf for the Sunday Irish American Golf Tournament. An occasional shower, but no steady rain wasn't enough to postpone or stop the tournament. Our team score wasn't good enough to win, but we did have a lot of fun. Our foursome had the only female participant so who do you think won the closest to the pin, and longest drive for the ladies' division? The three males all won raffle prizes so our foursome went home happy.

National News -- Nothing really jumped out at me. The world is in its usual turmoil. Suicide bombers never seem to take a break. I love life, and I could never strap bombs on my body, and blow myself up. If we could somehow channel that hate, and lack of tolerance into positives forms of action, our world would be such a better place.

I am so hoping that the stock markets world wide continue on in the positive direction.

The Verizon Union workers are still picketing at the local company headquarters a 1/2 mile away from our home. It is the same old thing about the company trying to take away negotiated benefits. They want Union workers to start giving back these benefits which eventually leads to Union busting and weakening the Union. Republicans would like all unions to just disappear so that their rich friends can become richer. These givebacks always falls on the worker as management salaries keep on going up.

Well, I have about an hour's worth of work to load up the car with all the supplies for today's golf tournament. I pick my neighbor / friend who lives a few houses north of us at 8 AM. We will then go directly to the golf course, and set up for the tournament weather permitting.

Our baby boomer friend who had full blown Alzheimer's passed away a couple of days ago. I am guessing that the obituary notice will be in the local newspaper today.
This is another reason to enjoy life every day that you are on this earth. You never know what each day might bring along the road of life. I am starting to see some baby boomer friends, who are still working, becoming ill because of their job. Stress on the job can kill you just as quick as a heart attack! The would have, could have, should have attitude does no good when you are 6 feet under the ground.

Well, I have to get to work. I have a list a mile long of things that I can't forget to put in the car for today's tournament.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: