Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

I was in a deep sleep about 2 AM in the morning when I heard some voices next door. My neighbors' college age kid decided to have a few friends over while the rest of the family was out of town. It wasn't one of those loud parties where the neighbors would call the police, but it was enough to wake me up. Our neighbor just had a hot tub installed. I got to thinking what it was like to be a college age student, and to party into the wee hours of the morning. I also got to thinking about a party where a few guys and girls, who would be at the empty house, and they would have access to a brand new hot tub to play in. Well, those thoughts deterred me from getting back to sleep very quickly.

The positive thing about the news today is the Stock Market rose over 200 points yesterday. Warren Buffet stated that the rich should be taxed. There is no Republican that I know of who would vote for such a thing. The rich people have a club of their own, and they buy and sell politicians to protect their wealth. At times I do have those conservative thoughts when I hear of people who abuse our system which is supposed to help people in need. I start thinking that I don't want able body people getting my hard earned dollars each month because they like getting something for nothing.

Well, I had to resort to watching preseason professional football last evening since my Red Sox did not play. I was not impressed with the Jets starting team who played the first quarter of the game.

Linda and I are heading for Tewksbury in a couple of hours. It will be long pants day for sure. I went out to get the local newspaper today in shorts. I needed long pants and a light jacket. We are supposed to have a cookout at our son's place this evening, but it appears that it will be a "cook in": Grilled beef tenderloin cut into steaks and corn on the cob from the Berkshires. We haven't decided about a vegetable to go along with the meal.

Have a great Tuesday despite the damp weather throughout the State. Sun is in the forecast for Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: