Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned. Kyla got on her morning flight to California.
Kevin and Max bonded well on Kevin's day off from his restaurant.
Linda's day of Mah Jongg, and Dinner and a Movie with some girlfriends went as planned. Linda said that I would have not loved the movie which at times had sub titles. I did watch the Red Sox go down to defeat at the hands of the Yankees. Good pitching stopped good hitting.

Max is going off to daycare at 9:15 AM, and I will pick him up from daycare at the usual time today.

Politics -- My friend who is a radio talk show host is starting to have political candidates on his daily talk show. Yesterday, he had a candidate of the Green Rainbow Party on his program. I like what the guy had to say, and I could be voting for this guy during the next election. Protecting the environment is one of the party's mantras. He mentioned the process called "Fracking" where the companies drill holes through shale to extract natural gas. A few weeks ago, they had an article about the process which the companies claim do no harm to the environment. Yeah Right! Well, the "60 Minutes" program had explored both sides of the issue, and the companies don't tell the whole messy story.
It reminds me of the companies that have done copper mining in some of the Western States. After the companies decide that no more copper can be extracted for a profit, they abandon the strip mining. The big hole / pit that these companies leave fills up with water, and eventually the arsenic laced water ends up flowing in nearby streams and property. The tainted water pollutes, and kills the natural habitant in those waters. I say keep on purchasing oil from the Arabs!
Speaking of oil, I went by two gasoline stations yesterday that had run out of regular gasoline. We can feel the crunch created by Hurricane Irene. I hope this lack of gasoline is not a concocted scheme created by the oil companies so that the consumer will be so desperate, and be willing to pay higher prices just to fill up our gas tanks.
Since I am on an environmental kick, I want to talk about windmills. I don't like messing up the view of our beautiful Berkshire Hills. Many of our friends don't think it is a big deal, but I call it visual pollution. Sure, as long as those windmills are miles from your home it is no big deal, but how about the people who want to escape the concrete, and build their home in the middle of the woods. Ask those people how wonderful windmills are?
Cape Cod residents are still in legal battles because they don't want their nearby ocean dotted with wind mills. Instead of having Whale Watching trips when people vacation on Cape Cod, they will have trips to observe Windmills.

If you don't get my daily blog for several days, it will because I will be taking care of a toddler. Linda thinks that I might get distracted, and not be attentive to Max. I know one thing, and that is I will sleep like a rock at the end of each day when I put Max to bed.

Well, you know what I will be doing for the next few days. Linda on the other hand will feel like she died and went to heaven! Can she handle the peace and quiet, and me not being around to bug her?

Have a great Wednesday! I will be watching the Red Sox this evening after I put Max to bed. Maybe Max and I will watch a couple innings together since the game is on when he is still up.

The Lap Top and the IPad might stay in Pittsfield so you might not hear from me until the weekend.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: