Monday, September 7, 2009

Hello on Labor Day

Dear Friends,

You might think that I make this stuff up, but we had another day that went as
planned.
I did clean my car both inside and out. I got my glasses fixed at Walmart. I
had a nose pad problem, and the Optometrist replaced my broken nose pads for
free. I tried at first to fix them myself, but a normal eye repair kit wasn't
good enough to do the job.
Linda read her newspapers in an uninterrupted manner which she truly enjoyed.

I did weave in an afternoon nap before we went to the picnic. There were just
three guest couples which the host purposely planned so that we could sit and
talk. Two males of the group told stories of their military service during the
Vietnam period of time. We learned some interesting tidbits which we have never
heard before even though we all have been friends for a very long time.

There was once again many hours of food, fun, and merriment. My theme of
surrounding ourselves with a great circle of friends was in action last evening.

Social Calendar -- In a few short hours, we are heading off to East Boston to
return Billy, the dog. He is such a good dog, but we already knew this because
he lived with us for two years when Kevin went off to college. Kevin took the
dog to college when he moved into an apartment with some friends.
I think Billy misses the long hair Dachshund "Frankie Beans" as well as the two
cats which Kevin and Kyla own.

Sports -- My Red Sox won their game, and the Yankees lost. The team chasing the
Red Sox for a wild card slot lost their game too. I went to bed a happy man last
evening.

Politics -- None for the Labor Day Weekend

Observation -- We might have an early fall if the temperatures continue with
the cool nights, and high temperatures in the low 70's. Some of the couple of
trees in our yard are starting to lose their leaves. The trees in Berkshire
County are starting to turn color already. The Farmers Almanac said that we are
in for a cold winter, but the Weather Channel people are predicting a milder
than normal winter in the Northeast.
Linda and I want snow on the ground when Christmas arrives because hopefully we
will have our two sons and their families here for the Holidays. I can't wait to
take Isabelle, and Max sledding, ice-fishing, skiing, and doing winter sports in
general.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and do some quiet chores before the
Queen wakes up.
Have a great Labor Day, and don't work too hard.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: