Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned, and I love it when it does.
I was able to squeeze in a nap, give the lawn a trim, watch the Red Sox lose,
and was entertained by watching some college football.

The evening also went as planned. We met our friends at a restaurant less than
a mile from the Theater Barn. The food was great. There were five us since our
friend's college bound daughter was home for the weekend. After dinner, the
daughter went home / or to party on, and we headed off to the Theater Barn.
Since we arrived an hour before showtime, we popped open the trunks of our cars,
opened a couple of coolers, and we had a few libations.
The play started on time at exactly 8:30 PM, and went to a little after 11 PM.
During intermission, we went back to our cars for more libations. The play was a
musical called "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels". It was very entertaining. Yes, I was
quizzed by Linda as to whether I enjoyed the play or not. Of course, I said:
"Yes".
Now our two wives are talking about going to see the next play which starts
during the middle of September. I suggested that they might find two female
friends instead of dragging us husbands along. I think that I had enough culture
for the summer months. I must admit, we (my male friend and I) do like the
dinning out part.

Social calendar -- Neither have to move until the 5 PM picnic which we were
invited. I do want to clean and wash my car before we head off to the picnic.

Observation -- Some sharks have been sighted in the waters of Cape Cod. The
marine biologists believe that the sharks are after the seals who summer in the
waters off of the Cape. Observers spotted four or five of the great white
sharks. If I was a surf board rider, I might change to a land based activity.
Linda and I never made it to the Cape this summer. We might do a fall trip if
we can clear a few days off of our exhausting social calendar.
I still think that we a very fortunate to do what we are doing as we keep busy.
I am starting to be afraid to ask people, who are our age or a few years older,
how they are doing. So many people seem to have body parts that aren't working
like they used to. Some even have life threatening illnesses.
Right now --> Life is good, and I (& Linda) am going to enjoy the ride.

Have a pleasant Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: