Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Do you think that the President could find my military son a job somewhere in his Cabinet? Maybe his next assignment in a couple of years should be in Washington D.C. or at the Pentagon.

Politics -- We did receive a newsletter from our Congressman yesterday in the mail. He stressed the talking points of the Health Care Issue as well as what it is not about. Your choice of going to your own doctor will not be taken away. Health Care for illegal immigrants will not be granted. On the other hand, we all are aware that anyone who is sick can go to the hospital, and I am pretty sure that the hospital and doctors have to take care of you. If you are happy with your own insurance, it will not be taken away.
If you have a major illness, you won't be denied health care coverage.
The cost, as my son points out is another thing. When we want bigger and better weapons, there seems to be an endless supply of funds to do so. What is another trillion or two when we talk about the national debt?

One of my friends commented on me using the word "Love " with respect to the President. I was thinking about one of the recent movies where one guy told his friend: "I love you man!"
I guess I was thinking how at ease our leader is at the micro-phone. Yes, I know my Republican friends think that he is another "Slick Willie". Bill Clinton had a lot of good things happening in our country (and abroad) before his affair caused a bit of distraction.

Every President is surrounded by people whose job it is to make sure that our country is safe, and to protect us from the crazy groups of people in the world. You can't blame one President over another for "letting his guard down". I can blame a President for starting a war / conflict with false information.

Social Calendar -- I will be holding a Political sign for the incumbent Pittsfield Mayor today at one of the multiple polling places in Pittsfield. It is right in the middle of my nap time. If our candidate is victorious, we will most like go to a victory party this evening. We have three lawn signs on my property, this could mean three parties.
Linda will be playing Mah Jongg until 4:30 PM.

Sports -- It was so sad to see the Red Sox lose to a team which is one of the worst in Major League baseball. How can you squander an 8 to 2 lead, and eventually loses by a 12 to 9 score? I hope that the season ends soon so that we can get to the playoffs.

Parents update-- I visited Mom in her newest nursing home. She said that the therapist have been working hard to get her one leg strong. From my conversation with Mom, it didn't sound like that was going too well.
I then went to Lee to visit dad and to be present when a new hospital bed was delivered and set up in the family home in their small living room.
My father thinks that he will be getting Mom out of the nursing home, and taking her home soon. My sister and I are wondering who will be taking care of her if she does come home. The saga continues!

Observation -- I have to stop asking people how they are doing physically, or if all the body parts are working fine. Our UNICO President has been suffering from Lupus for several years. He hasn't quite hit the 60 year old age mark. I sat next to him last evening at our membership meeting, and I asked the question hoping that the news would be better. Well, it wasn't! His standard line now is that he has his good days and bad days. Visualize a strapping guy about 6 foot four inches tall walking with a cane, and struggling with every step. Even sitting in a chair for too long really bothers this guy. Count you lucky stars if all of your body parts are working fine.

Have to go and do some quiet activities.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: