Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned. I had encountered the least amount of stress for
the day. Cutting the lawn, taking an afternoon nap, booking in a golf tee time,
and making myself disappear in the basement when the BONCO ladies arrived at 7
PM, and starting a new book made for a pleasant day.
Linda worked a good portion of her day setting up for the evening session of
BONCO, but it was worth it. These ladies are into diet soda, diet tea, and
decaffeinated coffee. Last night several ladies selected white wine as their
choice of a beverage. Her lemon lust dessert was once again a big hit. I tried
some after the ladies left our house. It was Yummy!

Social Calendar -- Linda will be at again today as the perfect host after she
wakes up this morning. The Mah Jongg ladies arrive at 11:30 AM, and do lunch,
and play until about 4:30 PM.
I will be teeing off at 7:36 AM with some golfing buddies. We will be waving at
the school buses this morning since today is the first day of school for the
students in the City of Pittsfield.

Sports -- Monday was a travel day for the Red Sox and I think the Yankees too.

Politics -- The voters will have a chance in Massachusetts to vote for a
replacement for Ted Kennedy. There will be an special election on January 10,
2010. Our governor made the announcement yesterday.

Observation continued -- Yesterday's observation about linking friends to help
rid a person of depression elicited a couple of responses. Yes, I am aware that
you can be depressed even if you have a circle of friends. For some people,
depression is brought on by a series of illnesses. Yes, I have friends and
family who would fit into that category. One friend pointed out that his circle
of friends have pretty much abandoned him as his illness got worse.
A widowed friend of ours noticed the same thing. Her husband's occupation
provided for an active social life when he was alive. Once the husband passed
away, her circle of friends started to shrink. This women could have said "Whoa
is me?" She chose to make a new circle of friends, and kept the bond between the
few friends who didn't abandon her.
I don't have all the answers about depression. I hope that I never get the
disease. I just don't want to be doped up with those depression drugs that some
of my friends, and family are currently taking.
Could I be depressed and not know it? My current self diagnosis would say
"No".
I don't think that there is anything going on in my life which makes me
depressed.
There might be a time later on in my life where I could be faced with
depression. Right now, I am going to enjoy the pleasant ride which is currently
taking place in my life.
"Life is good" for Linda and I, and our sons and their families, and I hope it
continues that way for many years. Having a positive attitude about everything
in life, even if my golf game is terrible, helps to make the fairy tale
continue.

Weather -- A few days ago, I was trying to figure out how to survive the heat.
Now the temperatures have changed to fall like which I really enjoy. Sleeping
without the air conditioner is great.

Well, I have to select my golfing wardrobe, and do some quiet chores before
leaving the house.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: