Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Everything went well on Friday in the Boston area. Baby Max was looking and
feeling great when we visited him and Kyla at Mass General Hospital on Friday
afternoon. I think that Max will be discharged at some point today.
The new problem is that Kevin caught the FLU. He has never had it before in his
life, and the aches and pains were entirely new. He was running a fever, and
couldn't even work in his restaurant on Friday.
The wedding which he and Kyla were supposed to attend today in Hartford is not
going to happen.

We are waiting to hear from Kyla to see if we are needed to transport Max and
Kyla from the hospital back to East Boston. Kevin might not be well enough to do
so, and there is also the fear that Kevin might pass on his germs to Max and
Kyla.

Linda and I are feeling fine. Hopefully those years of the students coughing
and sneezing in our airspace has built up an immunity in our bodies to resist
all kinds of ailments.

Sports -- My Red Sox did win the game last night. I fell asleep, and missed the
last few inninghs of the game. My afternoon nap routine hasn't taken place for
several days now, and that is why I don't seem to be able to watch a whole game.
Our host in Tewksbury thinks that I never watch any games, but just take the
results out of the local newspapers.

Speaking of sports, a former Celtic player who nows plays in Cleveland, got
arrested the other day while trying to elude the police (on his motorcycle).
When the police caught up with him, they found that he was carrying two hand
guns, and shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back. I am wondering if the
guy will be able to beat these charges. Most of these guys who grow up on the
streets don't seem to lose their "thug like" behavior.

Politics -- Health Care and car bombings throughout the world seems to dominate
the news. Will we ever live in a peaceful world?

Observation -- Linda and I do miss Barbados. Every time that noon time arrives,
I think that I am hearing bells ringing to announce the start of our first happy
hour of the day. I have been sticking to my alcohol free life style for a couple
of days. If we do make it back to the Berkshires for the Sunday afternoon party
at a friend's house, I might have a setback.

Well, our host is making breakfast for Linda and I.
Have to eat, and get ready for the day's activities.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: