Monday, September 28, 2009

Hello on Monday morning

Dear Friends,
Another day went as planned. My friend and I went off to Cim's Tavern to watch the Patriot's game while our wives went off to do a little recreational shopping. They were shopped out by the time our football game was over.

The tavern was mobbed with sports' fans. They had four different football games on as well as the Red Sox vs Yankees baseball game. My friend and I arrived early so we had a prime seat at the bar with a wide screened television facing us. At least we had something to cheer about since the Patriots won. The Red Sox weren't so lucky. They were swept by the Yankees.

We have one of those busy weeks coming up including the weekend. Today might be our only free day.
As an example of being busy, I will use Tuesday to show you what I mean. Linda has a routine doctor's appointment mid morning on Tuesday. She is hosting her Tuesday Mah Jongg group from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM., and serving home made Pumpkin soup. She has BONCO at 7 PM at a friend's house to end her evening.
I will be helping out / attending a Polenta Dinner at St. Mark's Parish Hall. My day will start in the school's kitchen around 2:30 PM. It will not end until the last pots and pans are washed, and the kitchen is cleaned which is usually around 8:30 PM.

Anyone receiving this e-mail is welcomed to attend the Polenta Dinner which starts at 6:30 PM. Yes, you can purchase tickets at the door. The cost is $20 per person for chicken, sausage, polenta, dessert and coffee. Beverages can be purchased for a nominal price.

Politics -- None

Observation -- I usually don't go to bars to watch football or baseball games. Yesterday was a first. There was an unbelievable cast of characters at Cim's Tavern. Some people looked like they had permanent seats at the bar. I actually felt guilty that I taking someone's favorite spot. The range of people was both young and old, husband and wife, girl friend and boy friend, etc. Some people even brought their children which I didn't think was appropriate.
There was a bar right across the street which was showing the Patriot game too, but they don't serve food. The people from this bar would order food from Cim's, and take it back to the to the other bar which is called The Sideline Saloon.
Cim's bar was a bit rowdy. I probably shouldn't use the word rowdy because there was no one out of control people at Cim's. I guess that I would classify it as busy and noisy. I almost felt like I was at Gillette Stadium watching the game.
I think that I like watching sporting contests in the comfort of my own home. I probably wouldn't say this if I was in my 20's.
This must be an age related thing. We seem to like calm and quiet activities as we get older.

Well, I have to do some quiet activities one of which is to finish reading a Dan Brown book. I can see another movie being made from this book.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: