Monday, October 4, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

I dropped Linda off at her friend’s home at 9 AM on Sunday. Another friend was coming up the friend’s street as I was driving back home. I waved to her, but she didn’t recognize me since I was driving the Kia.

The three ladies did do everything that I said that they had planned to do. They had breakfast at the Look Park Restaurant which is across from a Veteran’s home / medical center. They neeed human fuel before they hit the Holyoke Mall. There main store which they focused in on at the Mall was Macy’s. We have a Macy’s in our Berkshire Mall, but this one has more and different offerings, and it is a larger store.
They then went off to Cosco’s and snacked their way and shopped around this store. For anyone who doesn’t have a Cosco’s, they have multiple food samples through the whole store. Some people go there not just to shop, but to treat the food samples as a light lunch.
They did end their adventure by stopping in Northampton at a restaurant which makes their own pasta. I didn’t see anhy leftovers so that meant the food must have been wonderful.
I picked up Linda around the 7 PM hour.
I did transfer a whole bunch of snack food from the driver’s car to the Kia. The snack food should get me through a good portion of the football season.

I didn’t exactly have a whole bunch of fun doing my outdoors project. I worked from a little after 9 AM until 1:30 PM. I removed a lot of the dead flowers in all the flower beds in the front and the back of the house. I also pruned multiple out of control bushes. I hope that my pruning didn’t kill any of the bushes. I then bagged up over 10 bags of this yard waste which I will drop off at recovery plant at some point today. Yard waste can only be put in clear bags when I drop them off at the recovery plant. They don’t charge Pittsfield residents for disposing of yard waste as long as you have a sticker. Do you think that Linda will let me use her Kia to take the yard waste bags to the Resource Recovery Plant? She already said “No”!
The bagging of yard waste seemed like a simple task, but you have to visualize trying to stick sharp branches into these bags without poking too many holes through the bags.
Needles to say, I was exhausted by the time I decided to stop communing with nature. I still have a little more pruning to do on two bushes, but I have to get on a step ladder to do so.
The good thing was that the weather was nice for doing this work. I also wanted to get a good deal of this work done because we are booked into social events for the next two weekends in October.

Speaking of social events, the Curley’s have agreed to host the Irish Sister City Annual Meeting on November 9, 2010. This meeting is where President Pat Gormalley will give a “brief” report of the year’s activities. It is also when we have the election of officers. I think all of the officers decided to keep their positions. We really have never had any fight for officer positions. Not many people of sound minds want to be an officer in our 20 member group.
This is a covered dish affair. The food, fun, and merriment will take place in our basement at 6 PM.

Linda and I are off to a 9:30 AM appointment today. I think that she is going out to lunch with a girlfriend, and they are going off to see a movie. I was invited to join them, but I decided to stay home and go back to my yard work. If the weather is not okay to do yard work, I will slave over a hot iron, and press some shirts for this weekend’s rehearsal party, and wedding which we were invited to in New Hampshire.
I do have to save my energy for Monday Night Football since my Patriots are playing a division rival, the Miami Dolphins.

I almost forgot that the contractor is coming to put in the last three ceiling tiles in the basement’s drop ceiling today. He might be doing this when we are at this morning’s appointment. This is the last thing that he is doing, and then his obligation is over.

On Tuesday, the cleaners will be dropping off the coats that had to be cleaned when the water leached from the laundry room into the basement’s storage room. We are talking about cleaning at least thirty coats. The cleaners said that they were already paid by Liberty Mutual, and that they were waiting for us to give them the okay to drop them off.

While waiting for Linda to return from her adventure, I tried watching NFL football. The games that were being televised were kind of boring. I turned the volume down low, and continued reading a book which I started on Linda’s “Kindle”.

Our next door neighbor is having a massive pine tree in the front of his house taken down. The chain saw and the chippers were making noise at 7:30 AM on Sunday. We have an unwritten rule in our neighborhood not to start lawnmowers, and any noisy devices before 10 AM on the weekend. The owners of this home moved in a month ago, and they must know this rule about making noise on the weekends. The workers cut all the branches on Sunday. Today the 50 foot plus tree will be coming down. I am guessing that our neighbors will be paying close to $2000 for the removal of this single tree.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: