Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,



When my day ended on Thursday, I was one tired buckaroo! My UNICO brothers and sisters prepared, and served over 300 people at the fund raiser for the husband and wife who both have their own health issues. The community really did come out and support the fund raiser. Linda did attend the event, and sat with my friend’s wife, and their grandchild.

Speaking of my friend and UNICO brother, he had an injury while working in the kitchen. He was transferring a large foil pan of something that we were cooking in the oven to the counter so that we could stir the epicurean delight. He spilled some hot sauce from the container, and it fell on his lower foot where the socks met his sneakers. He got quite a burn from the hot sauce. He has multiple blisters where the hot sauce touched his skin. He is going to be one sore dude today!



I am watching the Ryder Cup as I type this e-mail. There is no way that I would be playing golf in these conditions. The rain is falling sideways. Umbrellas are being used by players and the fans who are watching this match. Every golfer is wearing rain suits, and there is no way that the players can stay dry or warm. The announcer just said that he is amazed that they are playing golf in the current conditions. In the United States, this tournament would not be taking place. Puddles have started to form on the course, and the casual water rules are in question right now. The European players want the match to continue because they know that the Americans usually play in perfect conditions. The Europeans aren’t fairing any better than the Americans right now. The weather is a detriment to both teams.

News Flash -- They finally suspended the golf match for now. They did so because most of the Americans were winning the matches, and their playing in the rain theory didn’t work out for the Europeans.



I am supposed to be playing golf today with my senior buddies at 8:30 AM, but the forecast says that we are going to get an inch or so of rain. My friend, who burned himself yesterday, said that he will not be playing golf if the forecast holds true. It is pouring right now. This is my position too. My friends and I play on sunny and nice days. We retirees have a different attitude about golf.



News – I just watched a CNN video where a mom went out to a bar dancing while she thought that her toddler was sound asleep. The toddler woke up, and started looking for her Mom. The toddler unlocked the doors, and a neighbor found the toddler wandering in the parking lot of the apartment complex. When the media interviewed the Mom, she said that she made an error in judgment, and that she wouldn’t do it again. I didn’t see that the woman had a male partner in the home. Do you wonder why we have trouble educating children when their parents don’t appear to be good role models or intelligent parents in general?



Social Calendar – Linda is going off to the Colonial Theater this evening. There is a breast cancer art show in the lobby of the Colonial Theater at 5:30 PM. The entertainment in the Theater will have some Irish Step Dancers as part of the program. One of the organizers of the event is a former colleague of Linda’s who is a breast cancer survivor. This woman is on all kinds of State and National boards which deal with the breast cancer issues and awareness. I am going to let Linda and her girlfriends attend the event. Girls’ nights out are good for Linda and for me too. I will miss her so! Yeah Right!



Well, I have to do some quiet chores, and do my usual morning routine.

I hope that the contractor does show up and finish putting ceiling tiles in the basement. There is dust everywhere, and I can’t clean it up until he is done.

We are still are a day or so away from the renovations being complete.

We can’t have a weekend party yet because we have a wedding next weekend, and a Sheep and Wool festival the following weekend.



Have a great weekend!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: