Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,



We both did our own things during the day on Tuesday.



I went to Lee to replace the hot and cold water hoses on my dad’s washing machine. You would think that the job would be a simple one. Not! I knew that there was going to be trouble when the fitting on one hose was almost rusted off of the brass fitting. My father would have has a water leak at any point over the next few months. I took off the two old hoses, and put on two new braided ones. I turned on the water, and water started leaking from everywhere. I eventually did get the hoses back on so that they wouldn’t leak, but it wasn’t without a struggle. This 5 minute job turned into a 30 minute job. The cleanup of the mess was worse that putting the hoses back on. I wouldn’t even make a good apprentice plumber.

My sister is handier than me when dealing with household repairs.

I was successful at removing and storing my dad’s two air conditioners.



Linda had fun at Mah Jongg. She is hosting next Tuesday’s session. She told the ladies that she is going to make a crock pot soup for them. I will mostly likely joining them for lunch.



While Linda was playing Mah Jongg, I went off to the grocery store to get my cake making ingredients. I am going to do some baking today after I get back from Retro Fitness,



Speaking of cooking, the Crock Pot Pork Loin turned out wonderful. The apple slices, and the coating of the bottom of the crock pot (about a ¼ inch) with some apple cider was a good idea that I had. The pork came out fork tender, and the au jus that was formed during the cooking process was so tasty. I did whip up a loaf of cranberry crunch organic bread in my bread machine. The bread came out great too. We are going to toast some of the bread for breakfast this morning. I would have invited someone over to join us, but I don’t like to try a new recipe on guests unless I know that it works. Well this recipe worked super. As far as the spices that I put on the pork, I just used a little salt and fresh ground pepper. A little Dijon mustard spread of the top of the loin was the only other ingredient. I made some oven roasted potatoes, and Linda did a bag of Steam Fresh vegetables in the microwave.



Linda is the only one socially engaged this evening.



Before I headed off to bed last evening, Linda created a list of things that “we” are going to work on today. The first of which is to hang a few more items in the basement. I still have two air conditioners to remove and store. It sounds like a simple task. Not! I have been storing them in two different closets over the past few years instead of storing them in the garage. Well, the closets are full of other stuff which has to be sorted out first. This is where my male strength comes in handy.



Observation – I couldn’t believe that a priest, with Vatican ties, has come out publicly stating that the The Simpsons (from the satirical and sometimes irreverent cartoon like show) has declared that they are a Catholic family. The author of the article claims so thinking that it is way for the Catholic Church to relate to the youth in the world. Even our religious leaders are going a little wacky!



Well, I have to end this e-mail and start baking some Irish Soda breads. I am going to make four loaves of Irish Soda Breads for the Italian American Club Bazaar this weekend even though we won’t be in town.

I am going to make a batch of Brownies too.

I am going to make an Irish Whiskey Cake too. I will take a portion of the cake to North Tewksbury when we do a little baby sitting this weekend.



Have a great Wednesday.

As you see, I have a full day ahead of me.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: