Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,



The rain and cold weather put on damper on my Friday plans with respect to working outdoors.

I did have to make a whole bunch of errands like paying the local taxes, a grocery run for our Patriots’ party, and to restock some bar items.



Linda departed for her trip to Boston at 1:15 PM. I did have a “Chicken Novena” while she was gone. I was going to cook the chicken on the grill, but the weather wasn’t pretty at all. I little a candle, and cooked the chicken in the oven. The poultry turned out very nice. I didn’t even eat anything but poultry.



I also sat and listened and purchased some restaurant coupons from one of those Radio Auctions. The Radio Auction continues today at 9 AM. You have to give them your home for number, and wait for a call back to get a confirmation number. I think that I gave an incorrect home telephone number for a couple of the items.



While participating in the Radio Auction, I did a little reading of the third Stieg Larsson book “The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest”. This book is not as good as the other two books from this now deceased author.



I also watched the Celtics beat the New York Knicks in a game at TD Bank / Boston Garden.



Since the Art Show which she was attending didn’t start until 7 PM in Boston. I was fast asleep when she arrived home. I will get all the details of her adventure when she wakes up.



Before she left the house on Friday, she wanted me to somehow correct the notion in my daily blog that she really enjoys our sometimes daily separation. She thinks that people reading the blog might think that she can’t wait for me to leave the house (for golf, doing errands, visiting dear old mom, etc.) or for her to go off on one of her adventures with her girlfriends. We laughed because I said that all of the above is true, but it doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers her. We are still a happy couple, but the happiness comes in different ways.



Social Calendar – Tonight is “Trick or Treat” night in Pittsfield from 5 to 7 PM. A friend usually comes over to help pass out candy. I am not sure if her husband is coming too.

We also received a last minute invitation for a house party where costumes are semi required. Pirates are the theme for this party which starts at 8 PM. We usually don’t go anywhere after Trick or Treat night. We will see how this day goes because we do have a little food preparation, and taking care of other details for our Sunday Patriot football party.

We did have some costumes for Halloween, but I think that the cheap material that they were made of got destroyed when we had the water damage.



I know that Linda didn’t do much knitting while on her Boston adventure because there is a mass of entangled yarn sitting on the kitchen table. I think that she tangles the yarn so that she provides me with a quiet activity. I can see this as a two hour project before I get all the knots and tangles out.



It is a balmy 39 degrees right now. When things dry out, I will finish my outdoor winterizing project.



It was Halloween dress up day at the daycare place where our grandson Max attends. Our grandson Max was dressed up as a giraffe. Kevin took some pictures and put them on Facebook (which I am not allowed to go on or to have an account). Max had a tail on his costume. A little girl Max’s age was fascinated by the tail, and couldn’t stop pulling it. The girls are already after Max since he is such a cutie. Maybe next year, Linda and I will be at his daycare for Halloween dress up day.

It is also dress up day today at Max’s 10 AM dance and music class. I am hoping that Kyla takes some great pictures.



Have a great Saturday on this last day of October.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: