Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



It was sad to leave our grandchild and his mother yesterday morning, and head back to the Berkshires. I didn’t include his father because he was sleeping. He was trying to recover from their long weekend of attending three Phish Concerts. He was going into the restaurant at 3 PM. Kyla dropped off Max at daycare, and headed off to work a little later than she wanted to. Her day was a long one, and she had one of the day care workers take Max home, and entertain him until she got home from work. Having the daycare worker take Max to Kevin and Kyla’s home is a prearranged agreement.



I did need an afternoon nap after I unloaded the car. Linda wasn’t able to do so because she took care of a whole bunch of errands which included a grocery store run.

I didn’t realize that she was booked into Mah Jongg session last evening.



Today she is hosting Mah Jongg. A chicken vegetable soup has been brewing over night. Some mini pasta will be put in the soup for the last few minutes of the cooking process. I think that I might whip up a bread in my bread machine to compliment the meal. I will be dinning with the ladies unless I decide to play some golf with the usual suspects at 10 AM. I am not sure if my leg can handle the twisting motion. I definitely could not walk the course. Sometimes my leg hurts every time that I take a step.

I am social engaged this evening at 6:30 PM. A group of people from the Pittsfield Irish Sister City Committee are meeting with parents who might be interesting in sending a 16 and under Basketball Team over to our Irish Sister City to play several contests during a week or so stay in Ireland this coming summer.



Sports – I watched Monday night football until I saw the Dallas Cowboy quarterback get knocked out of the game with a broken clavicle. Tony Romo will be out 6 to 8 weeks if an operation is required. The Cowboys could be done for the season.

After my meeting, I am coming home to watch the season opening game for the Boston Celtics. Kyla will be at the game by way of her company. I am jealous!

Linda did get me invited to watch the game (with the husband) over the home of one of her Mah Jongg friends, but I have to be on the road to Frammingham a little after 7 AM on Wednesday for the Annual State Meeting of REAM. I can’t miss this meeting since I am President of the Berkshire County Chapter.



Observation – I saw the article of a Pennsylvania woman who left the remains of four of her infants in a closet in her house. Authorities found two more in a nearby landfill and there might be more bodies too. The article made me so sick as the article described what this woman had done. Linda and I just got through taking care of our grandchild, and I started thinking how can a person do this to a child? All we wanted to do is give Max hugs the whole weekend. We were also thinking about our other two grandchildren in Kansas whom we haven’t given hugs to since mid July.

This awful incident in Pennsylvania goes back to the quote that I saw years ago: “Stupid people shouldn’t breed!”



Both Kevin and Kyla called yesterday, and thanked us profusely for taking care of their child for the whole weekend. Max was so good for a child of 14 months. If you had a child like Max, you would want a houseful of children like him.



Speaking of children, Danielle sent us a picture of their Halloween decorated house in Kansas. Their house is definitely decorated for Trick or Treat night. Since Mike is still in Norfolk , Virginia taking military classes, Danielle had to do the decorations herself. I am talking about outside decorations as well as the inside ones too. We were there last year during Halloween, and we are sad that we can’t be there this year. They have one of the best decorated houses in the neighborhood. Danielle is definitely a “Super Mom”!.



As I have said many times, our two sons made some great choices in mates. Our two daughter-in-laws are the best that Linda and I could ever dream of having.



This is why I always say and firmly believe that for the Curley’s: “Life is Good!”



Have a great Tuesday.

I have to read the local newspaper, and select the type of bread that I am going to make.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: