Friday, July 2, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went as planned for the most part. My friend and I zipped through the back nine holes in record time.
When I walk in the door from golf, I always greet Linda by saying “I’m Back!” When it is earlier than she thinks that I would return, she always says; “Boy, you are home early!” Linda was just enjoying her slow moving routine, and I seemed to have interrupted it.
I didn’t stay around to bug her because I went off to Home Depot, and purchased 16 bags of red mulch, and got right to work.
Linda never liked the regular colored mulch that I put down earlier in the spring so I decided to spread a light coat of the Red Mulch to make her happy.
I slept well last night because of my physical activity.

For most of the day, Linda waited for a telephone call from the adjuster who was supposed to call within 24 to 48 hours. We are hoping that he calls today.
Linda gave up waiting, and went to the grocery store as I hovered by the telephone. She spent more time talking to former colleagues and friends than she did actually shopping. She was going for some basic supplies like, milk, fruit for me, and ingredients for the two items which we are taking to a Fourth of July cookout.
Linda is making one of her famous multiple bean concoctions, and a potato salad. Both items are always a big hit.

In a few short hours, I will be teeing off with my Friday morning senior group.
Speaking of golf, my friend and I who have been playing nine holes each day this week really enjoy this nine hole routine. We don’t come home exhausted, and there is plenty of daylight, and time to do other projects around the house.

Social Calendar – We are off to Tanglewood with a couple other sets of friends for Pops Night. We will be partying on the lawn at 6:30 PM. The Concert doesn’t start until 8:30 PM. There will be much food, fun, and merriment before this day is over. Each couple will be bringing a different appetizer which we all will share. The temperature won’t be dropping as low as they have for the past few evenings. The weather prognosticators say that we will have one more day of perfect weather before we get into the hazy, hot , and humid weather with highs in the 90’s for the Fourth of July, and fifth of July (Parade Marching Day).

I had no Red Sox last evening to keep me entertained. I decided to bond with Linda and watch some of her many recorded programs. I lasted through one and one half of them before I started dozing on the couch. My head hit the pillow at 10 AM. I was too tired to watch the 10 PM news.

Last evening, I watched an hour long program on Public access television with one of my e-mail readers who was a guest on the program. Our baby boomer friend is the director of the Ralph Froio Senior Center. In the two months that he has been director, he seems as though he has everything under control. He spent most of his life as director of the Catholic Youth Center, and now his managing a more mature crowd.
Linda and I are both members, but we havn’t taken advantage of all that the programs that they have to offer. Maybe when we get a little older we will either volunteer at the center, or participate in the multiple activities. You can join the center when you are 55 years old.
The doors open at 7 AM with a coffee hour. The center is open until 4 PM.
As we were sitting on the couch at home, Linda asked if I would, at some point, start going to the senior center. Being the social per point him in the direction of the senior center.
As I watched this program, I was thinking that this is exactly what my 86 year father needs. Dad has a limited routine each day, and he ends up spending too much time in the house, and he starts thinking negative thoughts. Since he is a social person like me, I think that he would enjoy the interaction which would take place at the senior center. The town which he resides in has a senior center too, but I would bet he would enjoy the one in Pittsfield since he spent his life growing up in Pittsfield until he got married 64 years ago and moved to Lee.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and select my golf wardrobe.
I might have to squeeze in a power nap after golf so I can make it through the concert this evening.
Have a great Friday, and weekend in general.
There is no chance of rain for us in the Berkshires,
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: