Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hello on Wednesday from Pittsfield

Dear Friends,

Tuesday was one of those days where we were able to see the two grandchildren from Kansas, and the one from North Tewksbury all in one day. It was sad to say goodbye to Isabelle, and Gabriel at the airport in Kansas, but our spirits picked up when we reached Tewksbury to see Max for a brief couple of hours.

The non stop plane flight from Kansas to Boston went very well. Kyla was just arriving from Fall River(where her latest job is located) to pick us up as we exited the baggage claim area. Kyla ordered pizza on the way to their home in North Tewksbury. We socialized with Kevin, Kyla, their two house guests, and the Brodeur’s, who live one street away joined us too.
Max still gravitates to Grandpa Curley, and he gives me a big hug when I pick him up. I love it!

We left North Tewksbury at 8:30 PM on Tuesday.

It must be time for me to get a haircut because I was patted down (by hand and not a wand) by the security guard at the Kansas City Airport after I went through the metal detector. I must have those terrorist looking features. This is why when I travel with Linda or other friends; they have to expect a delay when they travel with the Curley Lad. My sleep apnea device has to go through a security check also. Just before I went through the check point, a family of two adults, and four children went through the security check point faster than I did.

I am on schedule to go Retro Fitness with the 4:30 AM crowd even though I slept for only about fours last night.

The air outside right now is just the way I like it. The air outside is cool and crisp. If our house wasn’t like an inferno when we arrived home last evening, I would have slept with the windows open. We had to turn on the air conditioner to cool the bedrooms down. Mother Nature is like having central air conditioning in the Berkshires. There is no place like home.

We came home to a painted first floor, and also up the stairs, and in the hallway leading to the bedrooms. The upstairs hallway we are paying for. The colors Linda chose are wonderful. I like to paint, but I can see where these painters do a much better job than I could ever do. The installation of the floors comes next. Linda and I can’t wait for the confusion to go away.

Linda will be doing bills, and dealing with the insurance company today. I will be doing stuff in the flower beds, and flower pots. I think my neighbor might have given our lawn a trim while we were away in Kansas.

We are home for Wednesday and Thursday before we are on the road again. Friday morning we are heading back to North Tewksbury. Linda and I will be preparing food, and helping with the Saturday birthday party for our Grandson Max. This party starts at 11:30 AM on Saturday. The Berkshire people are invited according to Kevin and Kyla, but I am not sure if many of our friends want to drive 2.5 hours for a birthday party for a one year old, and then drive another 2.5 hours back home after the party. I will leave that decision up to them.
I believe that there are at least 60 people from the Boston area who will be attending. I know that a keg of beer will be one of the beverages. The food part of the party will be worked out by Kevin and Kyla, and Linda and me.
Our goal is to prepare most of the salad type foods the day before. I might be working the grill the day of the party so that Kevin and Kyla can socialize with their guests. This will be a kid friendly party too.

Retro fitness was kind of quiet today which is the way that I like it.

Sports – I fell asleep listening to the Red Sox game last evening as they gained the lead in the game. The Red Sox did win their game while the Yankees lost their game. I have an afternoon Red Sox game to watch today. I am so happy!

The weather guy said that we are going to heat up today. The coolness that I am enjoying right now will be changing to hazy, hot, and humid by 5 PM with temperatures nearing the 88 degree mark.
Even last evening while we were socializing in North Tewksbury, we were doing so on Kevin’s upper deck.

Afghanistan – Does any American feel that we are winning the war in that country? A bus of local Afghanistan people was blown up by a roadside bomb yesterday.
The war on terror is like us fighting communism during the Vietnam War. On the other hand, how can we just pull out of Afghanistan right now after the deaths and maiming of so many of our American military personnel?

I am going to miss another Friday with golf with the seniors. Family takes precedent over extracurricular activities.

Well, I have to take a quick shower, and go off and get one week’s worth of mail at the Post Office. Sorting the mail and writing out checks to pay bills will cut into Linda’s play time today.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: