Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a chill day in Kansas on Sunday.
Linda and I took care of the little ones in the evening as Mike and Danielle went on a date night. They had a fun time and we did too.

Today is our last full day in Kansas. Mike just went of to work at the military base in Fort Leavenworth.

Linda and Gabriel are the only ones sleeping right now.

I am not sure what we are doing today. We are content to help with child rearing, and helping out when we can.

I am missing another UNICO Golf Committee meeting this evening.

We have a direct flight from Kansas to Boston on Tuesday. Our flight leaves at 2:30 PM with a 6 PM arrival time at Logan airport. If I am not too tired, we might go back to Tewksbury, and pick up my car, and head back to Pittsfield.

As I said yesterday, I am not looking forward to going back to the business, and the continuing saga of the house restoration procedure.

The Sox lost another one on Sunday. The bullpen let them down.

The big excitement around Kansas is that the local professional soccer team played Manchester United at Arrowhead Stadium. The local team, the wizards, won the soccer match by a 2 to 1 score. There were over 52,000 people in the stands. Soccer is so big around here that they are building a soccer stadium for the professional soccer team which should be ready in 2011. It is right next the Kansas City Race Car Track.

Swallows – I am starting to detest swallows even though we have two families living peacefully in our back yard on Pittsfield. I was dive bombed once again as I went out to get the local newspaper from the driveway. I would bet that Mike can’t wait to get rid of the nest once the youngsters leave.

A guy robbed a local bank wearing a Darth Vader outfit on the other day. He decided that all black was too much to bear on a hot day so he wore camouflage pants.

Have to go.
Both grandchildren are up and ready for some adult attention.
See all of our Berkshire friends soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: