Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hello on Tuesday evening

Dear Friends,

I have been absent from the airwaves for a couple of days, but I am back on line.

We saw all three grandkids today. Kevin and Max gave us a ride to Logan airport around 9 AM this morning. There was very little traffic form North Tewksbury to the airport.
We had one stop in Milwaukee which is a hub for Midwest airlines. We didn’t have to exit the airplane. The fight landed on time, and we were greeted at the airport by Mike, Danielle, Isabelle, and Gabriel. The family car is now a Chevy Suburban. What a beautiful machine! They bought it off another military guy who got shipped off to Japan. He decided not to have it shipped to such a long way.

We just got through a wonderful supper of grilled chicken, fresh corn on the cob, and home made baked French fries.

Just before supper they had a pretty wicked thunderstorm in Leavenowrth which lasted over an hour or so. These certainly were not like the fast moving ones that we get in the Berkshires.
It is hot and humid in Kansas. It is similar to what the permanent Florida residents would be getting. I think that Al Gore was correct about Global Warming. A friend has a son who owns a bar in Germany, and they said that it has been hot in that part of the world. Even the often cooler Russia is experiencing a heat wave.

Our contractors should have all the painting done at our home when we return in a week. We are still waiting for the claims adjuster to send in his report.

The Red Sox made the front page of the USA Today Sports section. The focus was on all the wounded warriors on the team, and how the manager is trying to deal with the situation.

We saw the movie “Inception”. It was too deep for me even though it received a four star rating. It reminded me of the Matrix which I fell asleep watching several years ago. We did see some previews of some movies that I am excited about seeing.

Our son and his wife own I-Phones, and they were showing us all the applications that they have available. You don’t need a GPS device, a recipe book, scores of sports’ teams, weather, take pictures, movies, send and receive e-mails, etc. It might be too complicated for me.

Well, I have to end this e-mail. I am a bit tired from our day which started at 5 AM EST.
I function better in the morning.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: