Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hello on Tuesday morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.
The wallpaper removal /sheet rock guy spent all day removing wall paper in the hall way. I never used sizing material when I put on the wallpaper some 25+ years ago. This was a big mistake. The wallpaper in the bathroom took a couple minutes to remove because I did it correctly when I put it up.
Today the wallpaper guy has the wallpaper going up the stairs to remove (which we are paying for), and then he has to fix the damaged sheet rock from the first floor hallway.
The guy did say that I did a very good job of matching up the patterns when I put up the original wall paper.

While the Wallpaper guy was doing his thing, we started chatting, and I found out about his whole life. Visualize a short, muscular guy (who works out at a gym) who doesn’t smoke or drink, has been married three times, has multiple children, went bankrupt when he tried to start his own business, and gave up his house as part of a settlement when divorcing one of his wives, and he is ready to get married again at age 42. I actually knew his real father who died of pancreatic cancer. If this guy ever tried to do a family tree, there would be so many branches we would all be confused. He does very good work despite his family situation.

Linda chose the paint which we decided to put up instead of new wallpaper. She also chose the flooring for the first floor, and for a portion of the basement.

Linda did errands while I took an afternoon nap.

My UNICO meeting went well, but I have stuff to do after sending out my morning blog.

Linda has Mah Jongg today. I have to visit Mom in the nursing home. I should also go to Lee, and check on Dad and do some window washing for him. I will probably need a nap after that visit.

Social Calendar – Linda has her Tuesday Mah Jongg session today from 11:30 AM until 4 PM.
This evening, we are going to see a play tonight with another couple. I am psyched for the dinner at a restaurant before the play. The play we are seeing is called Sweeney Todd. Linda and I saw the high school version of it years ago, and I thought that it was well done by the students. Luckily the pain of me going will be eased by the fact that we have a half price ticket system for a few of the theaters in the Berkshires. The wife of the other couple will be getting the tickets today. Wouldn’t it be sad if no tickets were available?

I did watch some sports last evening while I finished reading a book. I sat out in the screened in room on the deck while Linda watched her favorite program in the family room.
I watched the Homerun Derby on ESPN which always precedes tonight’s All Star Game for Major League Baseball. David Ortiz turned out to be the winner of the Home Run derby. This is the first time that a Red Sox player has won such a contest. I was so happy that I saw it live!

Weather – The humidity has already entered the Berkshires. It is so sticky outside, and it is not even 7 AM. I believe in Global Warming!

Observation – A week from now we will be on our way to see the two grandchildren in Kansas. We haven’t seen them in months. We missed the birth of Gabriel back on May 6, but Danielle’ Mom and dad were there for the birth. Danielle’s Mom stayed for a couple of weeks after they took Gabriel home from the hospital. Isabelle and Gabriel are so lucky that they have two sets of grandparents who can give the both of them lots of hugs. I wish we lived closer so that we could see them as much as we see their cousin Max in North Tewksbury.
I was also thinking that I am so lucky that the Curley name will continue. It will be Maxwell, and Gabriel’s job to carry on the tradition.

I have to read the local newspaper, and then decide when I am going out the door. I do want to be around when the wallpaper guy returns today around 8 AM.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: