Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

The Curley’s had another pleasant day in Kansas with our son and his family.
We stayed housebound until we went off to a restaurant called the “Smoke House Barbecue.” We didn’t see many thin people at this restaurant. No vegetarians were present either. The grandchildren were pretty good. Isabelle required a few walks, but Gabriel didn’t make a sound through the whole evening meal.

When we arrived home, I decided I needed to watch a little sports. My only choice was to watch the Yankees beat up the hapless Kansas City Royals. I then switched over to the cops program after program. If you watched this program long enough, you could form an opinion about who these crazy people are that make up the program. It is usually people drinking or taking drugs, and beating up their wives, and girl friends. Otherwise it is a car chase of someone driving a stolen car.
I gave up and watched the news, and it wasn’t much better.

I just got through reading the Kansas City Star morning newspaper. The Meth makers have found an easier way to make meth. They put the desired chemicals in a soda bottle, and watch the meth grow. It is called “Shake and Bake”. The people making the drugs this way have to watch the bottle, and release the pressure every once in a while. The gas release from the soda bottle is oxygen. In May a guy was driving his car and caught his crotch on fire. I am surmising that he had the bottle between his legs, and was releasing the pressure in the bottle while he was smoking a cigarette. Having your crotch on fire doesn’t seem smart from my perspective.

We are going off to a Farmers market in 30 minutes. We have to go early once again because we have another day of 90 degree temperatures in the forecast. Right now it is 79 degrees, and 80 percent humidity. I am not sure if I could take a summer of this excessive heat. We are going to one of those Jungle type restaurants when it is lunch time. I will be taking an afternoon nap when we return from this adventure.

Have to go.
The grandchildren require attention while their parents get dressed.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: