Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Well, my Thursday didn’t go as planned, but I still made it through it okay.
I am not sure how Linda’s book club dinner meeting went because I was in bed when she arrived home.
The little problem I created the night before didn’t interfere with either of our activities on Wednesday, We even had a lunch date at a place right across from the hospital on the way to visit my father.

I am my way to Retro Fitness in less than an hour.
Linda has a body maintenance procedure mid morning, but I will most likely be at the hospital seeing what is happening with dad. I am surmising that even though he required no pain medicine on Wednesday, he might be experiencing some pain today. Those bumps and bruises from falling down 13 stairs have to manifest themselves even though he didn’t break a bone in his body.
I slept well last night knowing that he was being well taken care of, at Berkshire Medical Center.

The wallpaper guy did work on the hallway walls on Wednesday. The stuff that he was applying to fill up imperfections in the sheetrock really had a sickening odor. Linda tried to do her morning routine in the screened in room on the deck, but she still couldn’t escape the smell. This is why I came and rescued her, and we had lunch. We visited dad just about the time that they delivered his lunch. He once again ate very well. He was sitting up in bed while he ate, and he had no indication of pain whatsoever.

After we returned home, I made some calls to my Aunt Gladys, who lives next to the family home in Lee, and also to my father’s last remaining brother Uncle Joe.
Both were amazed that my father didn’t break anything. I also chatted with several friends who are on my e-mail list who too couldn’t believe that no parts of his body were broken. For an 86 year old man (who will be 87 in November) to take a tumble like he did, and break nothing was truly a miracle. I even asked dad in the emergency room if his wrists were okay because most of us would try to brake the fall by using our wrists. He moved his wrists for me, and they appeared to work fine.
The doctor who read the CAT Scan had him move his neck in various positions, and he did so for the doctor while experiencing no pain.

Social Calendar – Tonight is Third Thursday, and we were planning on seeing what we have been missing since our Irish group is not cooking bangers, and selling Irish Whiskey Cake tonight. I can’t make a commitment right now since I am not sure whether dad will be sent home or be kept for another day. I am betting that he will be discharged.

I really can’t think about anything else right now whether it is politics, or world events. I did watch the news briefly yesterday, and 7 more of our military personnel were killed in Afghanistan. Is this a no win war like Vietnam?

Well, I have to finish my coffee, and head off to the gym.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: