Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went as planned except for one bump in the road which I created.

I went off to Lee to wash some windows in the 3 season room on porch at my parent’s home in Lee.
After bonding with my father for a little while, I headed off to the nursing home to visit Mom. I was with her when they brought in her lunch. She once again ate very well.

While I was dealing with my parents, Linda was having a winning time playing Mah Jongg.

We hooked up with another couple as planned for supper and a play. Supper was okay, and what we didn’t love about the meal was explained to the manager as he was going around to tables asking how the meals that they served were. Well, we gave him an earful of constructive criticism.

The theater is less than a block away from the restaurant. While at the theater, I created the bump in a road. I left the theater after half time (Oops, I mean intermission!). The play was okay, but I needed more leg room in our mezzanine seats. I spent the first half of the play trying to get my legs in a comfortable position.
I went to a nearby sports bar and left Linda and the other couple. Linda was a bit upset with me as I told her to swing by the bar and pick me up after the play. She became angrier when another couple, whom we knew, asked where I was as they exited the theater.
There wasn’t much conversation in our car on the way home. I don’t think that I will be invited to attend plays anymore. I did sleep well last evening, but I am not sure how conversation will go when she wakes up this morning.
A couple of weeks ago a male friend caused this same “I am not speaking to you” situation in their relationship. The woman was so upset with her husband, and she requested that I not put this bump in the road in my daily blog. Well, after a few days, their relationship was back to normal, and I am surmising that ours will be too.
We males put incidents like this out of our mind very quickly, but not our female partners. Women never forget these mistakes that we men make. They might even bring them up months and years from now.
How come this mental list of screw ups is longer for males than females?

Sports Bar – I walked into the almost empty sports bar, and I see that the bartender is chatting with a bunch of customers. The bartender looks my way, and finally comes over to wait on me. Visualize a solid looking person wearing dark clothes, short hair, a baseball hat, and with tattoos on a white skinned arms. I thought the bartender was a male. Not! I knew immediately who played the role of the male in any kind of relationship that she was having.
There were another bunch of thirty something females becoming louder as they switched from wine to draft beer.
Another female couple at the bar quietly chatted for the hour or so that I was there. I think that one of the females was a reporter for the local newspaper. She has a column every Thursday on what is going on in the social scene in Berkshire County. There was nothing gone on in this place.
All I wanted to do is sit there, and enjoy a quiet beer as I watched a sporting contest. I did run into a couple of former male students just before I left the place.

Contractor – The boss man showed up on Tuesday, and took the flooring and the paint samples that we (mostly Linda) has decided to go with. No one worked at our place on Tuesday. We told them about us being out of town, and he said that we might be coming back to our house with the flooring installed at least on the first floor.

Social Calendar – Linda has a book club / dinner meeting this evening.
I am not socially engaged which is fine with me. I think that I will do some form of poultry on the grill.
“Separation is good” will probably be the norm for this day.
Maybe we could attend an action packed matinee at the movies this afternoon to help heal the mental wounds from last evening.
Like I always say; “Don’t sweat the little stuff, and be happy in your own little world!” which I am.

Have a great Wednesday!
I am planning on having a great one too.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: