Friday, November 7, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day without Linda went well.
I better pick up some stuff around the house before she comes home a little after 7 PM.
Men don't see clutter like some women do.
We try and keep our house orderly so that if someone might happen to drop in, they could think that we cleaned the house just for them.

The pasta fundraiser went well. There were a little less than 100 people whom we served. There was much fun and merriment in the kitchen as we prepared the food. One of my UNICO brothers and sisters brought some of his recently bottled home made wine. He went home with several empty bottles.

I can't play golf with my senior buddies today since we have a person from the assessors office going through the interior of our house at 9 AM. Assess high, and tax more.
I legally don't have to let him in, but I don't want to have to file for an abatement if they make the assessment too high because I denied him access. Linda told me to keep my big mouth shut as the person goes from room to room.

I also have a doctor's appointment at 1 PM. Hopefully, my back issues will be addressed. I didn't sleep well last night, and it wasn't the red wine.

Today is my father's birthday. He is now 85 years old.
I might go and visit with him after my appointment, but that depends on what the doctor says about my back problem. I am thinking an MRI might be the next step so that can the doctors locate where a pinched nerve is located in my back.

Well, I tried to do a little painting on Wednesday. I didn't want to change out of the decent clothes which I was wearing. It was only a ten minute job. I put on an old apron to catch any spills. I completed the task, and thought that my clothes didn't get a speck of paint on them. Not! The New England Patriot long sleeve shirt which I was wearing had paint on both sleeves. I didn't even notice the paint until I went to wash some dark colored clothes. Off white paint on a blue shirt doesn't go well.

Politics-- Obama is working feverishly to surround himself with a great staff. He is well aware of what a daunting task that he has before him. Give the man a chance to do his job instead of pointing out why he might not succeed.

Time to get dressed.
Have a great weekend. If you are in a region of the country which has mild weather, enjoy it while it lasts. The Curley Lad

No comments: